Old Photo - Cleaning Up The Ford

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo - Cleaning Up The Ford
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 09:19 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 07:35 am:

That is Mrs. Jelf, Steve's mother and the soon to be Steve's T. Now we know why Steve's T is in such good shape; it has always been well cared for. ;-)

P.S. I know that's not really Steve's but it is a good story line.

Cheers,
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 09:33 am:

I don't think she is cleaning the T. I think she is preparing a picnic lunch and using the running board as a table. She and the person taking the picture are going to find some shade under the trees and have lunch.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 09:45 am:

Well the truth be known she was the "Neighborhood Diaper Napper" she would sneak around the neighborhood stealing diapers off of other peoples clotheslines so she didn't have to wash her own. She has the turtle deck full and is now starting to load up the running board with this weeks supply.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 10:43 am:

A "nappy" napper ? A dapper nappy napper - they oughta slap her !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 11:01 am:

If you own a Runabout you know that Turtle lid balancing act. I have bonked my head a few times when it decides to fall down.
As for the lady, perhaps she is buffing the "Diaper Dan Pomade" into the finish of the car. A hair raising experience to be sure.
Rich

P. S. Thanks, Jay, for the fun photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 11:16 am:

What I find interesting is the correct placement of the rear windows.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 12:01 pm:

Right Rich ! She's lucky to shop in a store that carries both "Diaper Dan" and band linings for her model T without having to wait three weeks !! (Fop is a lousy pomade BTW)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 01:37 pm:

She doesn't live in a geographical oddity apparently. @;o)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 01:55 pm:

Even better, she doesn't appear to be in a tight spot ! ; )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Lake Oswego, OR on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 07:46 am:

As soon as she gets them folded she gonna R U N N O F T.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Lake Oswego, OR on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 07:52 am:

One thing I always meant to go back and check about that film. When the kid drives the T out of the burning barn, they clearly show he has tied some block to his shoe to reach the peddles. Later my brain kicked in and I wondered if the movie makers had been clever enough to use T coils for the shoe mounted peddle extensions? Or are they just wood blocks? Anyone know?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 09:31 am:

Gol' Erich !! If'n the kid had used two of the coils, they couldn't of runnded offt that fast on two cylinders ! ; )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 09:46 am:

I want my diapers back!

Or I'm gonna have to rough somebody up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 10:35 am:

Fred Mertz?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 06:09 pm:

My brain sees square blocks on his shoes or the pedals but I'm not always quite right.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 06:30 pm:

I don't see any points.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 09:30 pm:

Hahaha! I love that scene!
Thanks for digging that up Rich!
Told ya I wasn't quite right! :-)
I see two welts(?) and perhaps a strap in that pic. My brain has placed an oval window in the back.
Doggone it D, just ask the Q. What body style is that T?
IF my VCR was working I'd... Two of the motors are sitting by my hand for toy/instructional use. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration