Old Photo - City Market Cafe, Laredo, Texas

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo - City Market Cafe, Laredo, Texas
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 09:25 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 11:09 pm:

Laredo TX City Market Cafe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 09:00 am:

The same spot today, 500 Block of Flores Avenue. The cafe building is still there just over the white pickup truck on the right. There has been some remodeling and all the T's are gone.

Most of the other buildings are still there.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 09:27 am:

Amazing! They have added awnings and trees but basicly the buildings are unchanged! Around here, everything is continually changing! Most places I remember as a boy have disappeared. And of course the hills covered with oil derriks between Los Angeles and Long Beach are now all houses and businesses. The two lane road has become Interstate 405. Colorado Street is still there but I 210 bypasses Pasadena. The nice country drive between Pasadena and San Bernardino is now all cities. The last Orange grove in Orange county disappeared many years ago. San Diego, the little Navy town is now the second largest city in California. The downtown today is unrecognizable compared to Model T days. If not for the Marine Corp Camp Pendleton, we would have solid city from Santa Barbara to the Mexican border! When a building is old, they tear it down and build a bigger one.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 10:57 am:

Even the sewer/manhole lid is in the same spot! So they're still using the same piping runs, although I suspect it's been upgraded "a bit".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 11:12 am:

It is a wonderful building and some great T's.
However the visitors from beyond remind me of the ominous discussion we had with our friend Burger only one year and one month ago:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/719265.html?1485710763

I can say no more....

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leo van Stirum, NL on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 11:53 am:

That white truck in front of the cafe aint even a Ford anymore, what has become of this world !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 02:10 am:

Ah heck we still have wood and cast iron pipes for water etc that are that age or older here in Portland Or. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 11:30 pm:

All of the chimbleys (think Oklahoma!) are gone.
Must have central HVAC now. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration