Is This What I Think It Is?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Is This What I Think It Is?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 09:03 am:

While visiting with a customer on Monday of this week, I noticed this and asked how long he'd had it.

No one remembered how long; it has been in his shop for as long as anyone can remember.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 09:05 am:

Can you rescue it for its original purpose?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 09:35 am:

Yes Bill, It is a pan jig. It needs saved and put back to use as a pan jig if possible.... Nice find ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 09:44 am:

It's just an old coffee table, but I'll give him $20 for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 09:50 am:

Boy, and I thought we were talking about the wrench on the vise....My bad....LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 09:52 am:

I have a feeling that T pan jigs wound up being used for a utility heavy duty shop table over time. This is just one of them.

After that they went to the scrapper along with no telling for scrap iron prices. When I take some aluminum scrap or whatever to our local scrapper I always take a look of the piles of old iron and see what's in there.

One day just maybe--------------------------!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 10:07 am:

Another picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 10:08 am:

John, I'll try.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 10:36 am:

get that anvil too

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Kowalczyk - Nampa Idaho on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 10:42 am:

Buy a really nice vise stand, with room for the Anvil and trade... Or build him a newer design vise table with the anvil built in and trade

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan in Paso Robles on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 03:58 pm:

Bill,

If you make a play for it be sure to look around for the other pieces. You never know, they might be sitting on a shelf.

Great find.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 05:26 pm:

Its just an old chop block, Dan Hatch has one just like it. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 01:09 am:

This has happened more than once. My pan jig came from the Ford dealer in Lordsburg, New Mexico. Sometime in the '40s one of the mechanics from the T days retired and took it with him. Nobody else could see any use for it. He made it into a welding bench complete with a vise and anvil. It saw hard use as such. I bought it from his grandson on EBay. When I showed up to pick it up he was sure it was a mistake that I bid so much for a rusty chunk of iron. When I got it home I had to mill the entire surface of the deck and make all of the accessory parts. Still no regrets. I can't build an engine I can guarantee without one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 10:27 am:

Somewhere I have a photo of one I tried to purchase for years from a marina - all the pins had been removed and had emery cloth fastened to the top and was being used as a "surface plate" to check outboard engine heads ! Last I recall inquiring about it was 15 years ago or better - as far as I know, it's still in the boat shop !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration