Best lubricant for widow regulator gears and track

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Best lubricant for widow regulator gears and track
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alby Anderson on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 11:18 am:

Installing windows in my 27 coupe. Looking for suggestions for lubricating the regulator gears and the track that slides along the widow track

Thanks for any help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 03:57 pm:

I used a good high quality synthetic grease (Amsoil type 2) on the crank mechanism and where the arm goes into the window bottom channel for my 26 Tudor. The stuff seems to never harden and sticks really well. Any similar grease such as Lucas should serve you well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alby Anderson on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 04:50 pm:

Thanks John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 05:24 pm:

I use a spray red grease I think CRC brand that work well, goes in thin and sets up and stays. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 05:46 pm:

The best lubricant I've found for auto window risers, slides, hinges, rollers and etc is white lithium grease available in spray form or non-hardening lube.
It doesn't harden and is water proof. It hardly changes consistency in different temperature ranges either. You can get it in squeeze tube form at Ace Hardware and most auto supply houses.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 08:23 pm:

Probably similar, white Lubriplate was spec'd for those items in my '48 Packard, when I got inside the doors and window risers parts were in good shape and the grease was still in place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daren Carlson on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 08:51 pm:

White Lithium.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alby Anderson on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 08:55 pm:

I looked at a couple other forums and white lithium Grease seems to get most of the votes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 07:19 pm:

One more thing about lubing door risers, gears, rollers and etc is to get the surfaces CLEAN. After working as a maintenance mechanic for many years at a state college on lots of equipment that has lots of the above giving the surfaces a good cleaning with a degreaser and wiping the surfaces clean is a big part of the job BEFORE you apply the lubricant. It really does help to make the parts work as good as new. After years of greasing the surfaces get gunked up from dirt and etc.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration