Chick ashamed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Chick ashamed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 01:08 pm:

I will not be going to Chickasaw.I will have by pass heart surgery this
Monday. I had some nice items st up to bring. I will li.st some of them when I recover. Sent from my IPad.

Darel Leipold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RE Helgeson on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 01:14 pm:

Darel, Hoping for a full and speedy recovery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 01:21 pm:

All the best to you and best wishes for a full and fast recovery

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 01:32 pm:

Darel, good luck with your by pass(s). Mine went well 7 years ago. You should be back to normal soon. I look forward to your posts.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 02:39 pm:

D J L you better get well and quick!
Just be well soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 03:06 pm:

Darel, Prayers being sent that you get the magnets recharged properly!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 04:10 pm:

The surgery has now Ben set for lThursday with a week in the hospital. I will have my iPad so if you see a posting next
Friday, you will know
I am still here.
Darel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 04:27 pm:

Nothing to be ashamed of!! My dad had a 5 way bypass when he was in his 70's and was up the next day. Before the week was up, he was walking up and down the hall. When my mom and I were ready to leave for the day, he would say, "I'll walk you to the elevator". We would walk together to the elevator and he would say,"goodbye". We told him the doctor said someone should walk with him so we would walk back to his room. Then he said," I'll walk you to the elevator." After the second round trip, he would finally get back in bed! He was out and home within the week and healed up well enough to hike up a mountain later on.
I'm sure you will miss the people at Chickasaw but next year you should be ready to go and feeling much better than now.
I wish you well.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 04:52 pm:

Darel,

We are praying for a speedy recovery. And remember to follow the Doctor's advice/directions.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Emering on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 04:54 pm:

Sending you a prayer for a successful surgery and full recovery.

God Bless You,
Gene

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 05:01 pm:

Darel, get good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 05:21 pm:

Darel, hang in there, had mine done will be seven years in may. Amazing what they can do now. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 06:08 pm:

Keep them heart plumbers practiced up, Darel. Any one of us might need it next !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 07:13 pm:

Prayers to you for a speedy recovery Darel. You'll do fine!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 10:25 pm:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Darel, I wonder how many of us on the Forum have had this surgery before you. George Clipner and I have.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 10:52 pm:

Everybody who has open heart surgery walks the first day.
I had to do 200 feet the day I had the surgery.
It was a bi*&$#.
After three days I had to do 400 ft. twice twice a day.
Darel, donít drink more than 1/3 of a glass of water at a time.
Getting water in your lungs is worse than the surgery.
Also, you canít taste food the first couple of days. Makes it hard to eat.
Have your people bring you apple sauce. The hospital usually has plenty but they ran out twice when I was in.
I was ready to go home after four days but had to stay two extra because I couldnít do a bowl movement. Keep that in mind.
Oh, and thanking the nurses for every little thing helps a bunch too.
A friend of mine went back twice because he broke his ribs loose twice. Be careful, donít let anyone help you up by pulling on your arm. A doctor tried to pull me up but I stopped him just in time and a nurse let him know how dangerous that can be.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 11:08 pm:

You'd better post from your I-Pad Friday! :-)
OK, Saturday or Sunday if you're not feeling up to it on Friday.
Be well and keep us informed. I want to meet you someday. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 12:05 am:

I've had it also. As I explained to Griffey and T.Woods I couldn't take a dump for a full week at home. Eat whole apples if you can. Worst constipation I've ever experienced . It seems that the opiates they give you really bind you up. Thought I was passing a cinder block. and do your breathy exercises they'll give you. Also do the cardio PT that is recommended 1 month after the surgery. And cough gently.
Oh and you are going to be ok.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 12:06 am:

Oh, and leave that big ol'hawgleg at home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 02:30 pm:

Thank you all for the kind words and thoughts. I do not know of this condition until Thursday evening. I felt a bit off on Wed. and checked in at the emergency at the Methodist Hospital in St. Louis Park in MN. They did a stress test which I failed.

Thanks again.

DarelDaREL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 05:01 pm:

It happens that way sometimes. I had gone in for an Angioplasty and stents. But the dr couldn't get one open to stent. He tells me I needed surgery and they found a team that had just finished up and were willing for another one. "We're going to start in 45 mins, is that ok with you ???" GULP Things turned out remarkably well . When AaronGriffey and Terry Woods had there's I gave them a little couching. They couldn't believe how well they felt after two months recovery and Physical therapy. They felt like twenty again. Same thing with my brother, he had it done too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 05:53 pm:

Darel I just sent you an PM.
So I will say here good luck and a speedy get well. I spent 5 days total and and it was said that as soon as I came through the surgery they had me up walking, just to check I could walk...
It is a piece of cake-
Very simple surgery now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard H.Miller on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 07:27 pm:

Best wishes to you sir, and pray for a quick recovery.
All the best, Rick Miller

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 08:45 pm:

Actually I felt pretty well two weeks after the surgery. Itís been four years and six months.
I can honestly say I feel better than I did 20 years ago, but then Iím only 81 so what else could drag me down?
Iíll be looking at the forum every night to see if thereís any word from or about Darrel. Thatís D. A. R. E. L
Hope the best for him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Curtis Fesler on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 08:53 pm:

I had three bypasses a few years back and it left me in much better shape. I healed up in a couple of months and with a little weight loss and some aerobic exercise I've been able to cut my blood pressure medicine in half. We will pray for a swift recovery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 12:15 am:

I get a stress test every year and on the odd year I get a nuke test and 360 degree imaging of the pump. My Doctor is very proactive and a few years back on test day he took me in the same day for a stint.

The point is you are lucky to have found the problem before it was too late.

With modern medicine procedures today its really a walk in the park. the food ain't so great but the care will be outstanding.

You will be in good hands and the outcome will be very good for you. I was surprised how quickly I recovered and also how bad I really was getting. I could hardly walk up my driveway with out labored breathing. After the surgery I was 100% better.

Good luck, fellow T'er

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 11:08 pm:

Darel, glad they found it. Thoughts and prayers for you. Now lots of time during recovery for research and to catch up on things like reading......

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration