Short trip planned for tomorrow

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Short trip planned for tomorrow
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 06:08 pm:

Weather permitting, and God willing, a friend and I are going to make a short test run, for me anyway. It is only about 10 miles, one way but there are two long hills. I have never driven our '21 there, but he has taken his '23 with '17 engine. It will be a weekly drive this summer to Friday evening cruise-ins if my car will make it. Lenny, I'm talking about the Connelly Springs road between my house and Rutherford College/Valdese. What do you think? Are you able to drive yet?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lenney Glenn on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 11:33 am:

Tommy, it's good to see you are out and about in your T. It has been so cold that I don't have my 13 ready to go yet. I hope we can get together later this summer for a Blue Ridge Parkway run.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 12:47 pm:

Sounds good Lenney. Our trip today didn't happen. Lucas, the other T owner, has flu symptoms and I think I have a sinus infection. Maybe next Saturday. Come see me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Heavner on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 05:44 pm:

Hey Tommy and Lenney. I live in Morganton and have a 1920 runabout. I have wanted to take my T to the Valdese cruise in but have not gotten around to it yet. I did take it last year to TGIF in downtown Morganton. During two of the TGIFs the Morganton Motor Club has a cruise in. While music is going on at the old court house people stroll about looking at the cars. I had the only T and got a lot of looks. I spent a lot of time explaining how the T works. Because I do not have good tail lights, only the oil lamp, I left before it got dark. I am not a member of the club, but just like Valdese, all you have to do is show up. Since I recently had knee replacement, I have not been able to do anything with my T this winter. I am getting there and charged the battery today. Tommy and Lenney, good luck with your Ts.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration