I learned a Model T joke at a wedding today

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: I learned a Model T joke at a wedding today
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Dunlap - Orlando, Florida on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 07:49 pm:

I drove the Roadster pickup to a wedding today. I picked up the bride (one of my neighbors) and drove her in the Roadster to the wedding at the park in our neighborhood. I then drove her and the groom back to her house.

I learned a Model T joke from one of the people at the wedding. As best as I can recall, it goes like this:

A long time ago, there was a little school house with a lot of children in the classroom. One day, the kids were making a lot of ruckus in the back of the room. Exasperated, the teacher said to the class, "this classroom is like an old Model T. There is an awful lot of rattling going on in the back." One of the children quickly replied, "and there's an old crank in the front."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 09:47 pm:

Eric, did you give the bride and groom a ride in the pick up box or did you all squeeze in the front seat?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 11:59 pm:

A few years back I drove the bride to the church and then the bride and her nubie hubby plus her 2 6 and 8 yo kids from the 1st marriage to the reception.

She started to sing "I've got a husband, I've got a husband, then her 8 yo boy sang out, he's number 2, he's number tooooo!!!!.

Kinda put a damper on that ride.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Dunlap - Orlando, Florida on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 07:58 am:

Dean:
This is the second time I’ve driven the Roadster in a wedding. Both times it was for neighbors and we only rode short distances.

On both occasions, we put the groom in the front seat next to me, and the bride sat on his lap.

The first wedding, I drove them from a reception at night and we kept the top on.

Yesterday, it was a gorgeous and sunny afternoon. I drove her to the park with the top on so we wouldn’t destroy her hair. For the ride back to her house, I took the top off the Roadster and we drove around the neighborhood honking the horn.

I dropped them off at her house and the husband/groom shook my hand and said “this was the highlight of the day.” I’m hoping the bride didn’t hear him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 01:29 pm:

Those wedding drives can be very enjoyable. You will be well remembered for having done it.
Thanks for sharing the humor.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 07:54 pm:

when my son got married and they came out of the church to get in their car both mothers was setting in the back seat, they wouldn't get in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Thomas on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 12:43 am:

I am not going to drive for any more weddings. I am batting zero. Each bride I have driven is divorced now. Bad luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 07:54 am:

When my son and daughter-in-law got married, ten years ago, a friend of ours hauled them from the church to a location where we had left their car, is his '23 depot hack. His T is hand crank only so a lot of people were watching when he cranked up to leave. I told my son that a few years later some of the old-timers, aunts and uncles would not be able to remember who's wedding it was but would remember see that young man crank his model T.
I would like to use our '21 Touring at weddings and parties if the opportunity arises. Hopefully they would happen on one of the days when I am able to hand crank mine.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration