Kicking around L.A. this Tuesday — doing what??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Kicking around L.A. this Tuesday — doing what??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 09:22 pm:

We have a day in the Los Angeles area Tuesday May 06 on our way home from New Zealand. My beloved would like to spend it at Disneyland (and preferably alone, since she has more fun there when not dragging me around).

Any suggestions for vintage car-related activities for me, Model Ts in particular?

Maybe coffee/lunch with kindred spirits, interesting garage visits, tire kicking, whatever. All suggestions welcome. Driving a rental car and happy to travel. Need to be back in Anaheim by 8:00.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 09:43 pm:

J. Leno's Garage??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 10:26 pm:

Big dog garage that Lenos shop in Burbank
Or
Peterson museum

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 12:17 am:

Drivers' museum in El Segundo?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Cwynar, Hell on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 09:57 am:

I totally recommend Peterson museum too. But if you go you got to take the vault tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Humble Northern Michigan on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 10:01 am:

I never found anything in La worth fighting the traffic to see, except for the LaBrea tar pits and museum...fantastic!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 10:12 am:

http://www.nethercuttcollection.org/Visitor.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 12:01 pm:

Chris: Jay Leno's collection is not open to the public. If you find a way in... call me:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Memmelaar Jr on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 12:36 pm:

Peterson Museum

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 01:06 pm:

Chris, You know you're always welcome to stop by here in Surf City anytime to say Hi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 02:19 pm:

I agree with the tar pits. They are amazing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan Davis, Prince Albert, SK on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 08:35 pm:

I’ll be in la on Saturday the 17th- thinking I will stop by Donut Derelicts in Huntington Beach. Is it good?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 01:43 am:

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Will probably visit the Driver's Museum. Gene, sending you a PM shortly.

Evan, I went to the Donut Derelicts a few years ago with Gene Carrothers -- a fun, laid back time. Only a couple Ts though if that's what you need.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 02:05 am:

Chris, you are welcome to stop by my house and tour my shop. I'm about a half hour from LAX and 45 min from Disneyland.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 10:36 am:

The Nethercutt Collection listed above is top notch, with over 100 antique and classic cars to view. Be sure to do both sides of the street, and see the incredible mechanical music collection too. There are no cars in the collection made after WWII. The place is called San Sylmar on Bledsoe Street in Sylmar, California.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration