Timer pin

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Timer pin
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 10:08 pm:

Started my new T prodject today found the cam nut somehow backed off just enough let the pin fall
out.
Ofcourse i didnt know this till i took the timer off it fell on floor gone.
I going order some pins but i made a few out of nails but i dont have one fits tight in the hole
Anyone can give me dia of this pin or other ideas to use u till new pins come in
Thanks in advance

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 10:31 pm:

You're OK Bob, fit "go, no-go" the right nail makes an acceptable pin probably most Ts "back in the day" ran with. We're not the first generation to lose the timer roller pin !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 11:16 pm:

Dug old cam out will go hardware store in the morning
Yeah i usualy find one in my junk cans but no luck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 11:32 pm:

I got stranded in South Dakota's Custer state Park during a tour many years ago due to a cam nut that hadn't been tightened enough. On removal of the timing cover the pin hit the gravel/dirt never to be seen again. I trimmed an upholstery tack shorter with a needle nose plier to finish the tour and ran all week on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 12:03 am:

That is what I like, Noel D C! A car that carries its own spare parts!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration