Russwin Steering Wheel Lock

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Russwin Steering Wheel Lock
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Austin LaGrow on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 10:32 pm:

I inherited my model t from my grandpa recently and he had a wooden wheel with an accessory lock on it. I took it to a locksmith to see if they could make a key but they said the lock was frozen up. It’s not locked so I could still use it, but I’d really like to get it functional if possible. Does anyone know if I can buy a new tumbler for it or anyone that knows enough to work on it? The lock itself says “Russwin” on it. Thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Shirley on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 06:02 am:

Post a picture of the steering. If it's like one I have the cylinder turns to the left. I was told mine was froze and junk-- but it works now. The key blank I used is a Hillman M4. I cheated and drilled out one of the pins because I wasn't smart enough to pick a 4 pin lock. Call me and I'll walk you through what I did. Bob at 903 824 194nine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Shirley on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 01:24 am:

Found these pictures,

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration