Kingston coilbox switch key question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Kingston coilbox switch key question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 11:04 am:

I bought a Kingston coil box, 1911-12 model at a swap meet years ago. The key in it didn't have Kingston on it but was 3 holes. It looked just exactly like this Champion spark plug gap key I saw on eBay but cut to fit the switch. The switch also had a brass knob on the bottom instead of black Bakelite. Has anybody seen this before? I had that box sitting on my nightstand with papers (bills etc) in it until recently. It was missing 2 chips of wood on the front bottom corners of the lid and I think the ID tag "Kokomo electric co" was a bit off center if anybody has seen it, my ex wife did something with it a couple years ago when we were going through a divorce.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 12:05 pm:

Before we had the proper key for our kingston switch Dad made one from a piece of brass, but now that you bring it up the gap gauge would most likely work in a pinch. Cheers Colin

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration