Please Help Identify These Wheels

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Please Help Identify These Wheels
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 06:59 pm:

Hello,

These wheels are 6 lug TT rear wheels, I believe. I can not find any name stamped on the wheel. The front diameter is: 22 1/4", The rear diameter is: 22 9/16", The overall width of the rim is: 3 1/4".

As seen in the photos there is a distinct recess at the lug bolt for some type of clip/clamp.

I need to know the manufacturer to ensure I obtain the correct demountable rims and clips/clamps.

The original wheels were the "widow maker" split ring, 3 piece rims, rusted too bad to use.

I spent a couple hours searching old threads to find an ID but couldn't come up with anything. I'd appreciate any input I can get to help ID these.

Thank You,
Terry Miller

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 07:55 am:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn-Colorado on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 07:10 pm:

They look like something for TT. Finding good rims will be a challenge. Good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 08:17 pm:

I think the are Hayes. The rims have lugs attached to them. See the attached post.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/488550.html?1414760974

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 09:39 pm:

Mark and Tom,

You are both correct, they are for a TT truck rear end AND I believe they are Hayes brand.

Jerry Hoffman has been extremely helpful with photos and explanations. Mark is correct: finding rims seems to be the challenge.

Thank You All, Jerry, Mark, and Tom. I appreciate your help more than I can write.

Cheers,
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 10:03 pm:

The snap rings are used on 20 inch TT wheels with a 6.00-20 tire. These rims measure 22-1/4 front diameter. It would seem to me if they are TT they would use a 33 x 5 tire, with the split rim. Its possible they are for something other than TT if the are set up for snap rings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 10:05 pm:

Going to Chickasha? You might find something there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 10:08 pm:

I'll take a look- I remember seeing/moving some TT rims my Dad had kept for possible spares for our Gramps' TT with 23" wheels - I believe they are split rims - it has 32 x 4.5 tires on the rears.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 10:24 pm:

Steve,

That is exactly what we're looking for; 23" split RIMs for 32 x 4.5 tires. I think 33 x 5 tires are supposed to fit as well but I'm a little leery on that until I get some more info.

Thank you for taking the time to look. Please let me know what you find. You can PM me or email millerkeesATcenturylink.net

Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 06:38 pm:

Three piece were not the widow maker, just sayin. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike kolsrud on Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 07:58 am:

I have a couple of 23" tt rims if your interested PM me. and I will be going to Chickasha I could bring them

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dan doughty on Monday, March 19, 2018 - 05:04 pm:

I have a pair of 20"of that same design. They have Hayes 20" split rims.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration