Weekend tour

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Weekend tour
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 07:00 pm:

This weekend, the San Diego T club went on a weekend tour into the desert at Borrego Springs. We left Saturday morning with seven Model Ts and drove up to Julian, elevation 4,500 feet. The weather there was horrid, very cold rain and lots of blowing wind. Once we dropped into the desert at least the rain stopped but we still had the wind. In Borrego we went to see the numerous metal sculptures that have been erected around the area. The Lock Ness monster was a favorite.
We checked into our motel and went to dinner at the bikers bar, well in my youth it was, now a little more sophisticated.
On Sunday the weather was much more Southern Cal style, we had breakfast and then climbed the 4000 foot grade to Ranchita, regrouped and drove on to Santa Isabel for lunch. Then we drove back to Ramona to pick up our trailers etc (Greg and I were Home). There was no need of the trouble truck and no one had any serious problems. A great tour. Thanks John for the suggestion, Mac for being trouble truck and Kirby for the organization.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 08:12 pm:

Sounds like a great time was had! Thumbs up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Instness on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 08:50 pm:

Looks like a good time. Can't wait for touring season with my local club.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 07:53 am:

You should have let me know you would be in Santa Isabel. We all could have had a great lunch :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration