Henry Ford's Railroad: The Detroit, Toledo & Ironton

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Henry Ford's Railroad: The Detroit, Toledo & Ironton
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Murray on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 07:30 pm:

Every once in a while YouTube recommends a good video that I might not have found otherwise...today they recommended this film:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi0p6YfO38g&t=229s

I also enjoyed, from the same YouTube channel, this film on the canalization of the Ohio River from 1929, which includes lots of sternwheeler footage taken in Pittsburg, Cincinatti, and Louisville:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBPtBlFI2mA&t=1127s

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 01:13 am:

Interesting clips Jack. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Murray on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 10:16 am:

I thought some here would be interested. Sorry for butchering the spelling of Cincinnati.

I found the second film particularly interesting...45 years ago I went to work for a mechanical contractor based in Portland ME; in the 10 years I worked for them we did several projects for Gulf Oil on Neville Island PA and one project for ARCO in Steubenville OH...the upper Ohio River valley was pretty grim when I was there; it's hard to imagine how much dirtier it was in the "old days" in Pittsburgh until you see films like this!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 06:25 pm:

Jack, very, very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 07:30 pm:

A few months ago there was an employee badge from the DTI railroad with the 20ís T radiator shell behind a locomotive. It sold for around $450 which was good money but I thought it would go higher with the cross collectability.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 08:49 pm:

Henry bought 200 992b Hamilton watches for the DT&I,and i would to find one!!! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allen Banks on Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 09:07 pm:

It sticks in my mind that when my father was a kid, he and his friends called it Dog Turd & Ice. Kids.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration