Old Photo-using tools

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo-using tools
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 10:12 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 12:05 am:

That looks like it may be one of those "after" sedans? A kit to convert a touring car into a sedan (or a runabout into a coupe?).

Thanks Herb!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 09:26 am:

That picture is uniquely beautiful. I'd sure like to see the rest of that body with its "construction" above a Ford open belt line. Not exactly a "Califunny Top" !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 09:49 am:

This is a different one but somewhat similar that Jay treated us to.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/292686.html?1338308348

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 10:12 am:

The wrench the guy is using to run the head bolts down is probably the most common T era wrench I've had and run into. We had a bunch of these on the farm for some reason. When I inherited my Grandfathers 2 T's he had boxes of parts and tools and a bunch of those speed wrenches. Looking back I think I saved a few but the rest went to the salvage yard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 10:12 am:

That link has great pictures ! Thanks, Rich !!
I have to confess I've never seen a Califunny Top in the flesh, installed on a car. I've seen the remains of a few, most didn't seem to be quite as "high-pockets" as these pictures. 40 years ago no one I knew wanted to restore one. When they showed up, owners were looking to replace the original top bows and curtains. In fairness, I doubt if they held up very well. Most remains looked as if they had shaken apart in use.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration