Old Photo-Black Diamond Stage

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo-Black Diamond Stage
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 10:17 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 12:09 am:

I wonder what "Auburn" that was? It doesn't really look like a Califunny license plate. But the detail is poor and I really can't tell for sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 12:11 am:

My mother lived there as a child. Black Diamond was a coal mining town owned by Pacific coast coal.

The stages ran from black Diamond to the town of Auburn where you could catch the train and go either to Seattle or Tacoma.

Today Black Diamonds only claim to fame is the bakery. They still use the brick ovens that were built over 100 years ago. Tier pastries are worth the trip.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 11:15 am:

I used to live in both Auburn & Black Diamond !

What a cool photo !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 11:58 am:

Notice that the spare tire carrier appears to be the top iron on the front car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 06:37 pm:

It almost looks like a painting doesnt it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 07:39 pm:

Interesting that the front fender has the crown, yet the rear fender does not. Must've beat up the rear one and replaced it with an earlier fender.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration