Motor cast dates

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Motor cast dates
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 01:45 pm:

Did production 1909 motor blocks have casting dates?
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 08:04 am:

Hello:
Let me ask the question a different way. Can someone owning an early 09 verify that their early block DOES NOT have a casting date?
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 04:05 pm:

I'll bump you back up. I am curious about this detail myself. I wish I could give you an answer, but I have read conflicting "facts" on this myself over the years. I do know that a few of the " "09" engine blocks I have seen were modified later blocks, even though some were claimed to be genuine. That I know does confuse this issue more than a bit.
I hope a couple people that know more than I do about the earliest Ts can tell us what they think.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration