Hungarian story on Joe Galamb

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Hungarian story on Joe Galamb
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Balough on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 04:58 pm:

Here is a documentary from Hungary on Joe Galamb and the development of the Model T. Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sckIx7k6eeg&t=190s

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 05:13 pm:

Bruce: Pleasure to meet you at Hershey last October at the MTFCA Forum meeting.

Great informative video on your family involvement with Henry Ford and the Model T.

What was the outcome on the translation you requested ?

Bob J.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 05:58 pm:

WOW! What a great video. I was only going to watch a few minutes of it but I couldn't stop and I watched the entire movie. Very informative. Thanks for posting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn-Colorado on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 07:00 pm:

Thanks for sharing, great video!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 07:53 pm:

It's nice to see the credit going where it belongs!! A easy read of the old days is in Tin Lizzie by Stern. Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 11:29 pm:

That is a very good show to watch. Thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 03:49 pm:

Bruce: When was this documentary done ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Balough on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 05:27 pm:

Bob
The filming was done in the fall of 2015. It was a lot of fun to help on it! Hungarian National TV used it for a year before Aron could post it for us to watch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Seress, Prescott Az. on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 06:22 pm:

Bruce, you and all Americans, especially in the Model T hobby, should be proud of your grandfathers accomplishments and contribution to our way of life. The translations are spot on and a fantastic documentary. It was great to connect your face to our correspondence. Frank Seress

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Balough on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 06:37 pm:

Thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Duquette Grand Forks, ND on Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 08:09 am:

Bruce, the Hemmings Classic Car for November 2017 has a great article about Jozsef Galamb. Its in the Automotive Pioneers section and titled "Who Designed the Model T." Great read on his engineering work for Henry Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Balough on Friday, March 09, 2018 - 09:39 am:

Rick
Most of the articles written about the designers of the Model T use the Charlie Sorensen book “My Forty Years With Ford” as their reference source. This book tends to be a one sided story ignoring a group of individuals involved in the design of the Model T.
Writers tend to ignore the work of Owen Bombard done in the 1950’s. He interviewed the early employees of Ford, recording the conversations on a reel to reel tape recorder, then had a secretary type the conversations. When Owen could not interview the individual in person, they would communicate via mail. I will post on letter to my Grandfather as an example Please remember the copy is property of The Henry Ford.
One tape remains of Joe Galamb and we shared a copy with his youngest daughter a few years ago. It was the first time Gloria had heard her Fathers voice sense his death in 1955! She did not listen to the recording until Christmas Day so she could let her children, and grandchildren hear his voice for the first time! Unfortunately she has sense passed.
The collection of Mr. Bombard is at The Henry Ford. If you get a chance to visit them! As I recall Joe’s conversation was 400 pages.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Duquette Grand Forks, ND on Friday, March 09, 2018 - 04:54 pm:

Thank you Bruce. We all very much appreciate your family's connection to the history of our Model Ts and sharing this very special information with us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Saturday, March 10, 2018 - 01:10 am:

Bruce, may I ask? Did your Grandfather respond and send his memoir back to Mr bombard?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Hoffer on Saturday, March 10, 2018 - 07:43 am:

Fantastic! One thing I take from this is that what we are doing in our hobby is not just having fun with old machinery, but helping to preserve the astonishing achievements of these great men. Our hobby is important IMHO. Thank you for posting this, Mr. Balough. Regards, Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Balough on Saturday, March 10, 2018 - 08:54 am:

First, Thank you Bill, and Duey, yes I do. The response was written on Dec 14, 1955. If you have a copy of the Model T Times, March-April 2016 you can read the contents of that letter. Just for fun I will share from page 9-10 of Gene Farkas’s reminiscence. Please remember the copies are property of The Henry Ford.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration