1919/26 TT Coils, Seats for TT

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 1919/26 TT Coils, Seats for TT
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grant J Barlow on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 04:04 pm:

I've been able to test the coils, 1 out of 4 work. I found thru searching that there are several brands/types of coils (old post here) and the KW were the original source. My coils supposedly rebuilt 12+ yrs ago and never re-installed. They are a plain black plastic.

I found that these were not specifically designed to be used in a car.
My question is should I try to rebuild them or get a set of KW's?
coils

Secondly, with my seats, Mac's imply's that the 26/27 seats have wood on the bottom. Is this true? Mac's has wood frames, very expensive. If I need the wood, I am thinking of making a frame from plywood. Thoughts?
Thanks in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 05:12 pm:

Hi Grant,
In my opinion, the best coils are Ford Script or early aftermarket KW coils. I don’t rebuild the plastic coils due to the marginal results after the rebuild. You can find good Ford Script coils at swap meets. There are some new coils made that are very good. John Regan made those and are still carried by Birdhaven and Langs. There are also some terrible coils made that are available from some vendors. I would be glad to discuss this off the forum. I am only trying to answer your question and not to sell you on my or anyone’s else’s products. However, coils are the heartbeat of you Model T. So they are very important.
Brent Mize

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Weaver - Arthurdale, WV on Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 08:03 am:

If your TT is a steel closed cab, then the seats do not have wood on the bottom. Just plain steel seat springs. I would recommend Snyder's for a set of seat springs. If I remember, they aren't that expensive. - matt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Weaver - Arthurdale, WV on Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 08:05 am:

I just checked, They are about $110 a piece for the seat springs. 3 pieces. Driver side, Passenger Side and Seat back spring.

http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/search?attr32=50&attrYear=&pn=search&t=&q=seat +springs

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration