Shipping via Fastenal

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Shipping via Fastenal
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 07:03 pm:

Thinking of shipping a somewhat large pile of parts on a single standard pallet and would like to hear from someone who's done it; what was required as far as packing, etc. Did you bring your items to the Fastenal branch already secured to a pallet, or did you strap it together once you got there? And, if anyone wouldn't mind telling, what was the cost for items and the distance? Also any other advice would be appreciated. Many thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 07:12 pm:

If You go to Fastenal's web site there is a place that tells you about shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 07:16 pm:

Click on "services" at the top of the page, then click on 3PL. Hope this helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 08:30 pm:

Darryl, I did that last week but they haven't gotten back to me. I was hoping someone could tell me a bit of what they will have to say.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 08:36 pm:

I did their online quote, and never heard back as well. Best to find the number, and call them. I finally heard back. But im keen to hear info as well

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 08:37 pm:

I shipped a TT axle through Fastenal and it went pretty smoothly. I felt their price was very reasonable.

You have to get a quote by submitting all of the information on their website. You will need to know the store you are shipping from and the store you are shipping to along with the shipment dimensions and weight. It took a day or so to hear back from them with a quote.

I built a skid for the axle since it was to long to fit on a standard pallet and had it strapped down before I took it to the store. When I got there they unloaded it with their forklift and I handed them the paperwork I was sent after I agreed to the quote and that was it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Peternell on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 08:57 pm:

Just shipped an in line 6 cylinder engine from Salt Lake City to St Cloud MN. $150.00, very reasonable! Heads up, apparently they will ship what you have given them. It laid on its side loose on a pallet! Not complaining, the engine was parts anyway. Kind of garage sale find. I really can't say enough good things about them. Very easy to deal with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 09:14 pm:

I bought an engine/trans from someone in Iowa or Ohio, and it cost $150 to ship it to NW Arkansas. Later I bought a Weaver Auto-Twin jack (I forget where that was, somewhere up there) and it cost $50. I thought both prices were cheap and got great service.

Secure everything to the pallet. They won't insure it unless it's enclosed, so build a box over the pallet. It needs to be compatible with handling by a fork lift. They'll want to know the dimensions and weight of the package before giving you a quote.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 09:27 pm:

I know nothing about shipping by Fastenal but Ed in California shipped a set of touring car top bows to me here in NC recently by Greyhound. I was pleased with the service and the price. Thanks again Ed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 09:29 pm:

I sold a '26 - '27 Turtle Deck with lid to Idaho and it went smoothly. I put it on a pallet and strapped it down. Took it to the local Fastenal store and they unloaded it with their forklift and a few days later it was at their store in Idaho. I don't remember the cost.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Pharis on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 10:25 pm:

I contacted thru the 3PL section of the website. If I remember right, it took a couple of days, then a very helpful agent responded and made the process very easy. The people at the Fastenal stores are not involved with the shipping process other than loading and unloading. So don't bother stopping by and asking questions. Or expect them to help pack the shipment.

Consider the territory and season that you ship. They will not guarantee the type of trailer used to haul your pallet. So prepare your shipment for potential weather.

Shipped a 3'x5'x4' crate from CA to NC for about $250. Price seemed really good so didn't bother getting any other quotes. Be aware that they will not insure anything that hangs off the pallet, or is not "in a crate". I will use them again in the future

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 12:23 am:

You can't beat Fastenal for store to store shipping.

Find a store near you - make a call - talk to them.

You have to crate your shipment in accordance with their drop shipping requirements to be eligible for insurance - insure at 200% replacement cost.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Royster on Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 07:18 am:

I have shipped hit and miss engines cross country by Fastenal and have had no problems ever. Some I crated, some I just bolted to pallets. Prices were very reasonable and good service.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Bocchi on Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 08:07 am:

I received a complete top and bows sent by fastenal. The top had a rub wear spot from the shipping. I shipped a set of roadster bows that were Damaged in shipping. My advise is to take a few pictures and forward them to the person on the other end before you ship. I found the service cordial and reasonable but they don't insure and send and pickup are at their building. Anything that is fragile or irreplaceable find another shipper.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration