Bench for back of Roadster pickup

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Bench for back of Roadster pickup
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Dunlap - Orlando, Florida on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 08:26 pm:

Iíve been giving some thought to building a wooden bench of some sort (or two of them) for the Roadster pickup. Iím thinking it could go in the bed and people could sit on the bench or benches for parades. Has anyone built a wooden bench for the back of their pickup? If so, do you have pictures? How do you secure or mourt them in the truck?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 10:30 pm:

Funny, I've been thinking of doing the same on mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Mills_Cherry Hill NJ on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 11:46 pm:

I have been thinking of doing something similar with my Hack. My Hack only has 2 rows of seats and not the typical 3 and my thoughts have ranged from a removable but 'pinable" for safety seat replacement, to removing the back seat and just running flip up seats along the side. That way I could use it as a pick-up for fetching things.

What I have in mind is to mimic the seat workings of an old military M-37 3/4 ton truck. Have not totally worked it out yet, but thought to share the thought should no one else chime in. (They hinged up and the angle supports turned 90 degrees flat when 'up'

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Kuhnash Southeastern Ohio on Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 07:55 am:

I had an old school desk seat in mine. My truck is a beater and I just screwed it to the floor boards.
I took it out because it wasnít very pleasant to sit in for longer rides. One adult is about the maximum that will fit in the bed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 08:56 am:

A friend of mine has a 1912 REO truck.
He has gotten some hardware from old farm wagon seats and is using that to put extra seating in the bed of the truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 09:26 am:

I'd build a simple removable wooden bench or two, to use just for parades. It's illegal to carry people in the back of a pickup at other times.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 06:06 pm:

Or use straw bales?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 06:22 pm:

If is just for parades then go to the salvage yard and buy a vinyl covered truck bench seat or a couple of bucket seats and bolt them in. They would be more comfortable for the occupants. If required you could pick up a couple of seat belts too.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration