Old good tool? for crankshaft or what do you think.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old good tool? for crankshaft or what do you think.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ake Osterdahl - Sweden on Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 08:26 am:

I made an illustration an explanation that I think it should be used.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rolf Oehman Oslo Norway on Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 08:52 am:

You probably mean connecting rods :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 10:38 am:

Ake:
yes, connecting rod boring fixture ...double taper assembly at top makes a neat wrist pin locator ...always an optimist...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kohnke Rebabbitting, Clare, Iowa on Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 11:51 am:

Do Not try to take it apart, with out first bead blasting everything first, or you can easily damage the threads, and any smooth shafts.

Herm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kohnke Rebabbitting, Clare, Iowa on Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 11:54 am:

Don't use sand, either glass, or walnut shells.

Herm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ake Osterdahl - Sweden on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 01:19 pm:

I never sand or glas blasting, I want to keep the original as far as possible, in all I'm renovating. Caution applies.
now has three engines to be completed in 1917, 1922 and 1925.
arborrated with freshly cast babbits. A set of connecting rods is ready, two batches should now be made clear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 02:25 pm:

Ake, What does it cost to register and drive a antique auto in Sweden compared to a modern auto. Are restrictions, taxes and insurance the same for both antique and modern autos?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 02:55 pm:

Ake - Michael asks a very interesting question, however, you might consider starting a new thread on antique auto costs and such in Sweden, but continue this thread on the connecting rod boring fixture. Both very interesting but topics but unrelated to each other.

I am interested in, and appreciate discussions and photos of manually operated machine tools and fixtures,....especially antique ones, as most of us are not machinists nor have our own "machine shops". I think some of those "ol 'timers" did a pretty darn good job with hand tools back in the Model T era, and I like to think that such work of that type can still be part of our hobby today.

As an example, by use of a combination of antique and modern manually operated hand tools and fixtures, it might be slow, but I feel that I can actually perform a very complete and accurate "valve job" with modern Neway carbide valve seat cutting equipment, and antique hand-operated valve refacing equipment. FWIW,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 02:59 pm:

Ake - Oh,...and I forgot to say,..... nice photo and beautiful drawing of a very nice fixture!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ake Osterdahl - Sweden on Saturday, March 10, 2018 - 10:22 am:

Michael Vintage car 500sek in insurance / year. = about 50usd / year.
But I have to be registered in a veteran car's club, about 300sec / year. = about 30usd.

Thank you Harolod for your nice words.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration