OT: I donít think I will order annything from China after seeing this video.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT: I donít think I will order annything from China after seeing this video.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rolf Oehman Oslo Norway on Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 01:05 pm:

OMG. Is this the way they handle the packages. Sheesh.
China post handling:
https://youtu.be/BWgviZZi7lM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 01:11 pm:

UPS or USPS????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rolf Oehman Oslo Norway on Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 01:15 pm:

CPS. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 01:43 pm:

That video was shot by Justin at the UPS facility outside of Richmond, Indiana.

UPS has outsourced warehouse workers in an effort to remain competitive with Fedex - they ship in overseas workers via Rapid Express - then recycle the shipping containers by incorporating them into internal logistics freight transfer from hub to hub ....

( That actually sounds plausible )

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 04:49 pm:

The way they handle those boxes I don't know why they just don't use a dump truck. The boxes would most likely be in better shape.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 01:10 am:

I can tell you at Fed Ex, that shit well get you fired and quick too. Maybe in China though, I don't think so here in the US - not yet anyways.Been a courier at Fed Ex 28 years now

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Guy Forstrom, U. P. of Michigan on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 07:37 am:

FedEx is the absolutely best way to ship, cheaper, faster, and packages arrive in better condition, I've been shipping for 20 years. No issues with FedEx. But,FYI, it is up to the shipper to pack items properly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 07:50 am:

My sister-in-law's husband works for UPS on night shift. I won't say where, but he says those guys throw packages all over the warehouse and if it says "Fragile" on the box, then all the better.

Also, I used to work for a place that had a distribution warehouse attached. They shipped a full trailer of UPS and Fed-Ex everyday. They just brought in an empty trailer and picked up the full one every evening. The warehouse workers loaded the trailers. The vast majority of the packages were small, light weight, non-breakable things packed pretty well. I'd say the average box was a foot cubed and weighed 3-5 lbs. Just guessing. At any rate, they'd come down the conveyor to the dock and someone would literally throw the light ones into the trailer, much as you see in the video, but not from quite the same distances and not so violently. Heavier ones would be carried inside and set down, but not the light stuff. I'd be real surprised if anyone takes the time to stack a truck full of boxes neatly. Real surprised.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 08:08 am:

Our postal service is just as bad. Last week I shipped a box, which arrived with nothing in it,..thatís right, a box with 18.00 postage delivered empty. They either stole or lost the contents, and have no idea what happened. This is not the first time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fords Masterpiece . nj on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 11:19 am:

Where does anybody sees ups on that video ????? Thats china post ! HELLOOO? China post . !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Memmelaar Jr on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 01:09 pm:

I sell a lot of Machines to China and my agent over there send me customer part samples via china post often. the packing job he does is amazing to account for this. It is usually wrapped 5 or 6 times and arrives in the smallest package possible to save cost. It is a small event when it arrives to see the job he has done to keep it safe.

just my .02

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 02:51 pm:

Anybody that thinks that kind of handling is unique to China is fooling themselves. YouTube is loaded with examples of it happening here, too. Always pack like your stuff is going to be handled that way and you won't typically have a problem. Make the item float in the middle of the box. Packing a 20 lb. casting with some wadded up newspaper is pointless. Most of the time the person packing the box is their own worst enemy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 03:08 pm:

Hal, my UPS driver jokingly said "Fragile" means "Fold Gently".

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration