Brake setups

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Brake setups
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas on Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 11:11 pm:

Just curious...why haven't we seen more on hydraulic brake conversions? I know about the disc brake kit you can buy, but why not a drum conversion? I've seen it done enough times, but I would've thought there'd be a kit for drums for those who would like a stock look with a bit of added safety. Has anyone done the research for a "backyard conversion?" By that I mean, an over the counter drum that fits the T bolt pattern with little modification to make the components fit the T backing plate. Would love to hear people's thoughts or maybe a component list of what they have done or seen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 11:40 pm:

I have seen Chevy drum hudraulics done on a Model T sedan. They were adapted by the owner and not commercially made.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Pharis on Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 11:49 pm:

Look up Dan McEachern. I believe he offers a set for the big drum

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Instness on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 12:56 am:

I have a set of tecnicore hydraulic brakes on my 15 roadster. I believe they were made in the late 1990s by a gentleman that had since passed. I am very happy with them. They use a cast iron drum with the same I.D. of the stock small drum. The small drum does not have a lot of surface area, but they stop my light weight roadster just fine. They my not work as well on a heavier sedan or centerdoor. They also work well in reverse. The photo is not of my car but are same as the set on my car.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration