Henrietta's new adventure

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Henrietta's new adventure
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 04:29 am:

Tomorrow I will take Henrietta to the city for an identity check prior to registering her. Can you believe they took her off the system, just because she had not been registered for 60+ years!

I have a top cover removed from an old car and saved as a pattern. The young trimmer down the street has not quite got the gist of preserving a car. He does as I ask, but he is not really tuned in. Perhaps when I can drive the car down to his workshop he will come on board.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 05:32 am:

Allan,

Love that look !

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan Long Western Australia on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 05:52 am:

60 years Allan?
Just not fair is it ! I turn 65 tomorrow so 1958 was a long time ago! Good luck with the authorities
Alan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 07:19 am:

I'm 60+. Hope the powers that be don't decide that I'm invalid.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 07:22 am:

Enjoy Henrietta every time you post photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn-Colorado on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 10:58 am:

Allan, she looks fantastic, hope she passes the test!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 03:54 pm:

black balloon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry in KCMO on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 05:18 pm:

Allan,

How old is the bed on Henrietta? It looks perfect with the theme of the car. I want my "Elvin" to have one exactly like that. Did you build it? How did you get the look of that bed if you did? Hope you don't mind if I "steal" that look.

To each his own, But I think A Model T survivor should look like that.

Thanks,
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 09:55 pm:

In 2002 I tried to get a '45 ford 2 Ton dump truck re-registered. It had 1974 plates on it. They refused. :-)
Henrietta looks great!
You gonna teach the trimmer how to drive that model T? That might get him to see the light. ;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, March 09, 2018 - 02:10 am:

I always enjoy the "Southern" model Ts! They have a special beauty all their own, whether they are well restored or survivor state. Henrietta is wonderful!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, March 09, 2018 - 08:02 am:

Terry, the tray is farmer built back in the days of old. This one is well built, using new timber throughout. It has never been painted, nor has it seen much weather. I will post more details on its construction and some of the fittings used some time later. I'm having too much fun at the moment.

All, the guys at the inspection centre were gobsmacked!
"No, they didn't come with brake lights."
"They didn't have a speedo, so there is no odometer to read."
"25 models never had a chassis number."
"There is a body number under the seat."

I got around the chassis number bit by stamping my Army service number on the left hand rail. Otherwise they have a habit of allotting an 18 character VIN, and charging a fee of course.

There was a large notice posted in the waiting area banning photos within the facility. Obviously this directive is not directed at the staff, three of whom took photos as I prepared to leave.

They are not a bad bunch when you have stuff to fill all the boxes on their forms. I have been through their mill a number of times, the worst being when I had to get an out of state Disability access van for my son certified as a 5 seater.

Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration