OT - more K restoration pics. Body's painted, time to start back together.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT - more K restoration pics. Body's painted, time to start back together.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 04:12 pm:

Coming along. Meanwhile, Peter is starting to put the Motor together. Needless to say, I'm champing at the bit.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 04:21 pm:

That is beautiful and exactly the way I would have done it! :-) I think we all are anxious to see it all together and running.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RE Helgeson on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 04:22 pm:

Rob that is going to be one beautiful K you've got. Hoping to see it at the Homecoming in July at the Model T Museum in Richmond.I know there are a lot of guys who like their Ts to be a little crusty which is the way they found them. Personally I like them restored back to showroom. I would make an exception for the Rip Van Winkle T or maybe even Otis. Looking good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 06:51 pm:

Looking so good! I look forward to each and every update. A nice day brightener.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 06:55 pm:

Lookin' good, Rob!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Friday, March 09, 2018 - 05:12 pm:

Rob, Nice!!! Can't wait to see it at the Old Car Festival. Maybe I can beg a ride????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, March 09, 2018 - 05:21 pm:

It will be a beautiful car and this is the right thing to do with it. I'm glad you took the before photos of it because they are wonderful too.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele on Friday, March 09, 2018 - 09:46 pm:

Looks great Rob. Can't wait to see it all together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, March 09, 2018 - 10:23 pm:

Thanks guys. As promised, Peter began assembly of the engine today.

The crankcase with the rebuilt camshaft in:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Friday, March 09, 2018 - 11:19 pm:

Just repeat to yourself 'I will wait patiently, I will wait patiently, ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Saturday, March 10, 2018 - 01:01 pm:

This project is really moving along at an impressive pace. Do you know how many people are actively engaged in working on the car ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, March 10, 2018 - 01:11 pm:

Where else could we see one of those? I am intrigued.
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, March 11, 2018 - 02:58 pm:

Dick, I believe they have six full time employees. I also believe there are four or five current projects/restorations going on. When i visited the first part of this year, everyone was busy and it seems like they are quite efficient with their time.

Rich, my guess is the closest Model K to you are the two in Nebraska (ours and at Pioneer Village in Minden NE) or two at the California Automobile collection near San Francisco.

https://mark-aka-daddyo.smugmug.com/keyword/roadster/i-Z4fxGVJ/A

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Sunday, March 11, 2018 - 05:32 pm:

Incredible. This will be worth the wait.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, March 11, 2018 - 05:35 pm:

Looks so nice it would be hard to get it dusty or dirty when driving it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Sunday, March 11, 2018 - 05:49 pm:

Maybe so, but I would bite the bullet and rise to the occasion!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, March 11, 2018 - 10:16 pm:

Gil,
We are the same. In all likelihood, the next owner will be a museum. In the interim, my goal is to expose anyone interested to the incredible quality of a 1907 Ford Model K.

Not a bad gig.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Sunday, March 11, 2018 - 10:35 pm:

Rob,
Good to hear that you plan on eventually donating the car to a museum. As luck would have it, I'm planning on opening a rolling museum next month. The theme will be showing the public century old cars, one dirt road farmhouse at a time. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Monday, March 12, 2018 - 09:09 pm:

Looks Great, Thanks Rob for sharing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Tuesday, March 13, 2018 - 11:42 am:

A MUSEUM???!!! I've been saving my pennies, hoping to buy it in your estate sale! Oh, wait - I'm 81. I guess I'll have to start working on Plan B.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, March 13, 2018 - 12:01 pm:

I guess I should get my name changed to museum now so there is no question later!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Martel in Temperance MI on Thursday, March 15, 2018 - 08:22 pm:

Rob! NO MUSEUM!

Your cars RUN, they should not be stagnant.
Think of all of us who have truly experienced a Model K by riding in it at road speed, versus seeing it sitting static in a museum.
Maybe when the time comes for you to pass on your machine, I will have hit the lottery and be able to afford it!

Happy Belated Birthday
Enjoy Chickasaw for those of us that are watching snow fall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Martel, 45th parallel, MI on Thursday, March 15, 2018 - 08:28 pm:

Just noticed my name, time to update!

Changes in Latitudes....
Changes in Attitudes...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration