Floorboards question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Floorboards question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 08:17 pm:

I'm thinking about replacing the floorboards in my '12 Touring. Looking at the catalogs, I see that Lang's offers that appear to be just what I want. But then I looked at Chaffin's to see what they offered and found a statement that they did not offer floorboards for the 09-14 cars due too many variables in the early cars to have them fit every application.

So my question is: Has anybody purchased the Lang's floorboard set and were there any fit problems ? I can see where even the different body makers could vary a bit for a given year.

Thank you,

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 08:57 pm:

See if Lang's are boards that are produced by Jon Anderson - they would be your best option.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 09:06 pm:

I second the recommendation for Jon Anderson, he does great work. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 09:38 pm:

You can do quite an amazing job with some 5/8" poplar a circular saw and a decent 1 1/8" forstener bit for the round ends of the pedal holes. Or a router which is what I used. They turned out beautifully and will probably only fit that one car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Friday, March 09, 2018 - 01:36 pm:

Jon Anderson email: jpautowood@gmail.com and phonie: 716-499-7255 cell 716-985-5880 land

Jon will be at Chickasha in the North building with his floorboards, tack strips, top bows, and other body and top wood, spaces NF 7 & 8. Call him and see if he can bring what you need.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Friday, March 09, 2018 - 01:36 pm:

That's phone," not "phonie."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john hardiman on Friday, March 09, 2018 - 01:48 pm:

This is a wee bit off topic for this thread, however, it is pertaining to floor boards. Are there drawings/prints for the floor boards for specific cars any where?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration