Overloading the forum

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Overloading the forum
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 08:42 pm:

I donít know about anyone else but Iím not sure the classifieds should be loaded up like some people do. One of us members wants to list something only to find it 20 items down the list. I think thatís what web sites are for. I know this is going to start a poo storm and maybe itís just me. Hell Iíve been wrong before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Thomas on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 10:33 pm:

Richard:

I think we are lucky indeed to have so much good stuff on the classifieds. I do not see anything out of line.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gustaf in Idaho on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 10:44 pm:

I can not see that the classifieds have been "loaded up" Everything listed seems to be T related

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 11:09 pm:

You can always put it up on eBay!

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 11:15 pm:

Yep. Your probabt correct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber- Vancouver WA. on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 11:54 pm:

Just find your add and bump it up every other day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Friday, March 09, 2018 - 12:10 am:

I frequent another forum that had an issue with bumping.
Sellers would continually bump their ad to the top thus forcing newer ads to the bottom and taking an unequal advantage of this style of classifieds.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Friday, March 09, 2018 - 07:02 am:

I like all the T stuff being listed. The flooding of parts actually drives the prices down in the long run, as slow as I work it will be long before I need the parts. LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Friday, March 09, 2018 - 07:19 am:

Amazing. Never have I received so many private PMs. Seems thereís a lot of people who feel the same way I do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Hoffer on Friday, March 09, 2018 - 07:31 am:

Not sure what you are saying here, but I start my day reading the classifieds. I enjoy it and have found many great parts. I am new at this, and am learning almost as much about the model T from reading the ads and replies as anywhere else. It is an excellent resource for me!

Cheers, Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Sebaugh in Jackson, Missouri on Friday, March 09, 2018 - 08:33 am:

I do not see a problem with the way it is. I check it everyday. I like a long list, that means many parts to buy. Anyway all you have to do is scroll down to see the parts, not that hard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Friday, March 09, 2018 - 08:37 am:

The classifieds would be a whole lot better if they were actually like the old classifieds where an item was listed with contact info and thatís all. Is there at least a way that the classifieds can be configured that will at least keep the ads in the order they were posted? By that, I mean; new ads stay on the top of the page and older ads stay in the order they were posted... That means any responses or additions to ads will not move them to the top of the page.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, March 09, 2018 - 09:17 am:

If you're looking for something in particular in the classifieds, try hitting CTRL-F. A search box will appear in the upper RH corner of the screen, type in what you're looking for and all of the instances of that keyword will be highlighted on the page.

If you're not looking for anything in particular, I found a neat way to look through the classified ads that are not on top.

It's called scrolling. :-O

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Friday, March 09, 2018 - 10:23 am:

Kwityerbitchin. Why try to fix something that's not broken. The classified section as well as the forum section are amazing and a huge benefit to the hobby. I've bought many parts from the classifieds and sold a few too as well as gained a wealth of information and made several friends and tons of contacts through the forum. It's the first site I visit every morning and enjoy every second, so lets just appreciate what we have and accept it just the way it is

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, March 09, 2018 - 10:28 am:

The only thing I notice is when I look at the ads,I see something of interest,and when i clic on it I see it has sold in about 10 minutes from listing! The good stuff goes SO fast.It is hard for a slow middle aged geezer like me to keep up!
That in and of it's self must mean there is not much wrong with the system.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, March 09, 2018 - 10:36 am:

Often pictures and comments in the classifieds are as interesting and informative as posts to the regular forum !
I rather like the ads as they are.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Friday, March 09, 2018 - 11:09 am:

Me too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Kowalczyk - Nampa Idaho on Friday, March 09, 2018 - 11:30 am:

First thing every morning, a cup of coffee and I read the classifieds then the forum. Really enjoy this site, one of the best ways to start the day..

Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, March 09, 2018 - 11:37 am:

No need to tinker. It's fine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Pharis on Friday, March 09, 2018 - 12:15 pm:

Seems to me, the original post was a subtle jab at the bulk postings brought on by the commercial interests of a few posters. I'm not the internet police. My personal opinion won't decide if operating a business on a public forum is acceptable or not. But if it didn't work, they wouldn't do it.

As an occasional poster with commercial interests myself, this classified section is a valuable place to advertise T related stuff. My particular product does not require blanket posting as almost all of my customers find me thru a keyword search. But this classifieds is the only place I advertise, and I'm happy to have it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, March 09, 2018 - 12:36 pm:

If you read the classifieds often enough, you begin to learn the way that specific sellers word and call attention to their posts. It makes it pretty easy to filter through.

If any improvement could be made, it would be to save all of the posts and make a new classifieds section every year similar to what is done with the forum. There are many times I wish I could go back and see what things sold for years ago. Itís also a nice way to identify parts since most of the ads have pictures.

Bottom line is that if youíre not using the classifieds as another reference, youíre missing out!

P.S. itís the easiest and most active classified page Iíve ever seen on the Internet besides craigslist. Same goes for the forum. A newcomer must be pleasantly overwhelmed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Friday, March 09, 2018 - 01:15 pm:

Love it or leave it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john hardiman on Friday, March 09, 2018 - 02:05 pm:

I don't get to many flee markets because of health issues. So, I am left purchasing parts online. I may attempt Hershey, but, will be driving one of those buggies around.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration