Old Photo-1913 with detail of pin stripes

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo-1913 with detail of pin stripes
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, March 21, 2018 - 11:47 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Rootlieb on Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 12:36 am:

Looks like a 12 to me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 12:39 am:

I think you are right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 11:35 am:

I think it needs a top boot! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 12:42 pm:

Check out the mud thrown up on the rear curtain.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 01:25 pm:

Wish the pic showed the hood better..frankly it looks to be more like the later rounded type to me. Could just be shadowing. But its definitely not a '13!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 02:28 pm:

Is that a palm tree growing out of that lady's hat ? Bet the fronds really wave in the wind when they're under way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 04:03 pm:

I think 12 also. Straight up windshield and the added on front door kit, but the rear doors are post '11.

I also wish it showed the hood, and more on the wheels, but it's great to see what it has.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 04:22 pm:

I wonder if the building is constructed from local concrete block or a Sears Commercial Structure?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred B on Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 04:28 pm:

looks like the ladies are off to war with their helmets on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 05:57 pm:

I'm not so sure that's even a Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 06:40 pm:

It is a 1912 Model T. No door kit. ALL 1912s came from the factory with fore-doors.

It is not often you see the back of the front seat.
Also notice the area below the back seat (by the tail lamp) has NO pinstripe.

And there is NO stripe along the bottom of the body.

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 07:18 pm:

Marty you may be on to something there...the more I strain my eyes looking at that hood, the more it looks rounded to me, even on the top, which would not be any T in the brass era, unless someone changed it out down the road.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 08:00 pm:

Well, it sure looks like a T rear suspension. It's also left hand drive, which was still unusual in 1912 except on Fords.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 08:13 pm:

It could very well have been "Modernized" re the hood. There were many kits made to add a streamlined radiator shell and hood to older T's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 10:29 pm:

I've always wondered about with big, bushy mustaches and cigars (the guy in the right front seat). Isn't that a fire hazard ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Eastwood on Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 11:00 pm:

just a regular 'ol 1912 model T !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Friday, March 23, 2018 - 12:13 am:

Is that an accessory brace going from beneath the body (below the door) to the front corner of the running board ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Goss on Sunday, October 14, 2018 - 02:35 pm:

On the matter if the mustache, I doubt it could actually get a full burn , it might singe it back a bit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Sunday, October 14, 2018 - 03:03 pm:

Sure looks like my late '12.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, October 14, 2018 - 03:50 pm:

I thought that looked familiar this morning.
Great detail in the photo.
I like yours too Val.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, October 14, 2018 - 10:09 pm:

Always good to see a photo of a '12 that still has doors. So many in our hobby have removed them. How sad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Clyde in Cedarville CA on Sunday, October 14, 2018 - 11:42 pm:

Re the original photo posted by Herb Iffrig :
Looks like the same people are shown in Floyd Clymers Motor Scrapbook(Model T Ford edition), page 48. Interesting story on them.

Dave Clyde, now in Port Ludlow, WA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leo van Stirum, NL on Monday, October 15, 2018 - 06:17 pm:

With a good fireproof pommade that mustache would be no problem at all ;-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration