Old front axles never die,they just.....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old front axles never die,they just.....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 11:08 am:

start a new life under something else,like a BUDA WTU motor with IHC implement wheels. Great unless you need to roll it sideways. picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 11:11 pm:

The Universal Front Axle. Oh wait, that's the car. :-)
Would you sneak us a pic of the Buda?
I have a front axle that was under a fish house. The wheels are on are on the front of my 24. :-)

(Message edited by duey_c on March 27, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 07:32 am:

Another great use I’ve seen before was to drive one spindle into a tree, run a chain from the spring perch up to a point above and replace the other spindle with a lift ring held in place by the kingpin and use it as a boom hoist. I don’t doubt that is where the term “shade tree mechanic” was born...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 12:11 pm:

Duey,Trying to put one in. When I finally got this picture inserting down,Dell must have updated the sequence to make it easier for me and now I'm baffled.picture Looks like it's going to work. This engine had a Massey Harris tractor radiator,gas tank and hood which are off of it now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 09:21 pm:

Sweet Buda and pics! That is a really neat cart. Thanks Steve!
I've a derelict Huber B with the Buda HP205.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 11:44 pm:

Mark,Sounds scary. My first vehicle was a '50 Mercury coupe bought incomplete out of a back yard in around 1962. Turned out the block was cracked. We pulled the engine out with an old,and I mean old,block and tackle type fence stretcher hanging from the swing set. Put it back in the same way. Bowed the pipe a little.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration