Where to tack the leatherette to the seat tack strips

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Where to tack the leatherette to the seat tack strips
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Thompson on Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 06:50 am:

Finally ready for the upholstery on our 13 Touring. I am not sure if the material is tacked to the face of the tack strips or under at the bottom of the strip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 11:20 am:

To the face, not underneath. That is left bare wood except for whatever preservative you are using.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 11:31 am:

The spacing on the upholstery nails is usually 3".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 03:30 pm:

Larry has FORGOTTEN more about upholstery and tops that I can ever learn!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 04:58 pm:

Larry, I have seen more upholstery jobs spoiled by upholstery tacks placed like pickets on a fence than I have seen correctly done. Thank you for the 3" indication, although I suggest that on the line there would be some variation between cars and on the same car. It seems to be a universal indication, the same interval being used on the Duncan and Fraser built cars with which I am familiar here in Australia. It's funny how even one extra tack along the top of a door makes a noticeable difference.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Thompson on Friday, April 06, 2018 - 09:51 pm:

Thanks for the quick replies and tips. I did one seat today and considering that I am reusing seat covers from a previous upholstery attempt it look pretty good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Friday, April 06, 2018 - 11:05 pm:

Picturs?? I would enjoy seeing it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Friday, April 06, 2018 - 11:22 pm:

Me too. I'd also like to see a couple of your pics. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Thompson on Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 08:29 am:

The featured photo in the current Vintage Ford magazine with 7 old folks in it is the T as we got it issue 53
Number 2 . I dont know how to reduce the file size.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Thompson on Monday, April 09, 2018 - 01:33 pm:

Here is a photo of the Vintage magazine article.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Thompson on Monday, April 09, 2018 - 01:49 pm:

Here is a photo of the Vintage magazine article.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, April 09, 2018 - 01:57 pm:

By the way, unless club policies have changed, there is no problem scanning and posting pages, photos, or articles from either the Vintage Ford or the Model T Times on this forum (I have asked and been given permission in the past). :-)

Not so for the HCCA Gazette, I asked and they stated they do not approve of re-publication of their material, either in print form or on line. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Thompson on Monday, April 09, 2018 - 04:58 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Thompson on Monday, April 09, 2018 - 05:29 pm:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration