Ford Model T Adventures With a GoPro Hero 6 :-) Some unique shots here :-)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Ford Model T Adventures With a GoPro Hero 6 :-) Some unique shots here :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mitch Taylor on Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 03:53 am:

Out and about in my '25 touring, now with my new GoPro Hero 6 camera, we see the Model T from a whole new angle!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEFlmdAGiwU

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 09:11 am:

All I got was sound.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 09:13 am:

Cool

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 10:33 am:

Mitch, thanks for some good ideas for shots I'm going to try.

The vibrating steering rod is a bit of a revelation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn-Colorado on Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 01:35 pm:

Neat, thank you for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Hanson on Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 01:47 pm:

Thank you for sharing. Beautiful scenery!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mitch Taylor on Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 07:17 pm:

Thankyou for the positive comments :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks NY on Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 08:00 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 09:24 pm:

Mitch, well done .. :-) I would have a nervous breakdown trying to drive on the "wrong" side of the road. Every time I saw one of the cars coming at me on the "wrong" side I would have to tell my brain it is OK. :-) :-) again, well done .....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 09:21 am:

Bump above the spam.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 10:00 am:

I have a Hero something less than 6 and would give anything to learn how to take a video. I wish there was a site to go to that could help with the start and stop of taking the picture. Also, edit/compile/add sound. I think if I could do it once, I might be able to repeat the feat.

I have no idea how folks load a video on YouTube but the results are absolutely great! Thank you. I think someone already said something about it but you flipped the film over and have everything on the wrong side of the street. Great otherwise <grin>

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 11:38 am:

That ones been around for awhile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 12:48 pm:

Ken, find out which model you have and do a Google search for the instruction manual. I bet it's available online.

For editing I use the program that came with my iMac. It took me awhile to figure it out, but it's not bad. If you're stuck with Windows I can't help.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 02:46 pm:

I watched part of it and you sure did some neat views! Very cool to see the bits moving around as you drive.
I caught the rattle rod too and it almost seems the battery box is loose. ;-)
I gotta go back and watch again.
:-)
How did you mount the GoPro?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Spalding United Kingdom on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 05:16 pm:

Oh to be pottering round in the sunshine! Maybe next month, spring is running late.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mitch Taylor on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 08:35 pm:

Ken, I use Sony (Magix) Vegas Pro 15 for my video editing. It's the most streamlined and easy to use one out there... I always found Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro too complicated.

Duey, I mounted the GoPro in a couple of different places... on the spare wheel bracket at the back, to get the undercarriage view of the differential and suspension...
Also mounted on the front radius rod to get a shot of the steering gear, front suspension and front wheel.
Interesting, the battery box is tight and secure, it just flexes a little :-)
I have a bicycle handle-bar bracket for the GoPro which fits on perfectly :-)

Also for those who noticed the movement in the front steering arm, it's not actually loose, it just flexes a bit! Amazing since you don't normally see the car underneath when it's moving!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt the Headlight Lens Guy n California on Monday, April 09, 2018 - 12:23 am:

Love it! Great work Mitch!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mitch Taylor on Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 05:26 am:

Thanks Matt :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration