Nuthin' Special here....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Nuthin' Special here....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By chris becker on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 01:40 am:

Well Nuthin Special is up and running again. I discovered I had adjusted the clutch the wrong causing it to slip badly. Well we made some adjustments and found our brake rods were to short. So fixed that and the clutch slipping. Soon we also found out we had a horrible death wobble due to worn kingpins. So Carston and I tore into the front end today to fix the king pins. Now no slop in the front and lots of rain so no test drive yet. Still working it with Carston. Hope to license Nuthin' Special soon so we can drive it the cruise ins soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 03:02 am:

Good stuff!

And gotta bump you back up above all that Chinese bull-spam.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 09:10 am:

I'm so glad to see this back on the forum and to read about the progress.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 12:23 pm:

We are in shorts and T shirts. Whats that CArson is wearing? Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Williams, Hillsboro Oregon on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 12:27 pm:

Looking good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 12:58 pm:

Scott - Ha, ha,....some of you Californians are pretty "cocky" in regard to your wonderful weather/climate until such time as huge sections of your state catch fire nearly every year,..... (:^)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 01:38 pm:

Harold, The first big fire last year came within 2.5 miles from my place. It rained down ash for over a week and we could not see the sun much of the time or get a breath of fresh air. And of course in the summer we cook for what seams like forever. Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 02:22 pm:

Scott - Yeah,.....seems like no place is perfect, right? In regard to weather and climate, I think that years ago, San Diego came pretty close to ideal, but I guess nowadays, the problem there is the need to have iron bars on all your windows!

Chris - I hope you realize that you and that son of yours (....in fact, your whole family) has been a real "inspiration" to a lot of people here on the forum. I didn't know your dad, but from what I've heard and read, I'm pretty sure that he planted some pretty good family seeds! And you're a pretty darn good dad yourself! Thanks for the update,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 02:22 pm:

It's good to see Carsten working on the Nuthin' Special again. ;-)
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 02:33 pm:

Very cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 04:40 pm:

Chri, I am going to Portland next week, do you still want the coil box and seat springs? Anything else needed?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 07:59 pm:

Looks great. Really cool project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By chris becker on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 10:05 pm:

Dale yes I will still use them. Do you have a oval 26-27 dash bezel with a junk switch and ammeter just to fill the void, acorn nut for the steering wheel. Was hoping to get over there but I won't be until the first week of June. Give me a call and We will meet up with you 503-896-0046 I get off early in the afternoon. Will give ya ride in Nuthin' Special, she runs real good now.

Scott that is Carston's favorite coat. His pockets are so full they are bulging with all kinds of thing little boys keep in their pocket and mother would not want to disturb less she freak out scream.
Saturday they predicted a 45*,rain and wind storm and with no windows in the shop we decided to open the big roll up door and watch the weather as we worked on Nuthin' Special.

Harold I think you would have liked Dad. He enjoyed people and antique cars. Loved helping others with their projects. So it was inevitable that both Carston and I still enjoy these strange machines.

Tim Williams still trying to keep up with ya. Gonna rebuild the NH Carburetor and see if that helps.

Thanks for the encouragement the rest of you guys it is a fun project and we enjoy sharing it with you all.

On a side note: Does anyone have a set of floorboards, uppers around the pedals that fit 26-27 open car and lower around the e-brake for 15 roadster tub. Need for patterns or modify to fit if possible. They can be ugly and rough.

Thanks guys

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By chris becker on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 10:26 pm:

Quick update. Rich and Clayton came out to the shop today thanks for the help.

Adjusted the timing found out my timing rod is to short so I can't advance the timing enough. Need to make a new one. I have 4 different plugs in Nuthin' Special also 4 different plug gaps, Everything from .015 to .055. Fixed that, set every plug at .035.

Adjusted parking brake. Now they work real good

Starter didn't work found out something was wrong inside starter button. Took it apart cleaned contacts general maintenance now starter works.

Fan belt broke need to find another used one or get one.

Took it down the street, drove beautifully with new king pins and bushing kit.

Won't idle very well yet so will take NH carb off and rebuild it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration