Fitting Punishment for Spammers

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Fitting Punishment for Spammers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 05:46 am:

Say you could capture one of these guys flooding the forum with spam, what would be a fitting punishment? Tar and feather? The rack? Force them to watch continuous reruns of Gilligan's Island?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 06:08 am:

Dragging behind a T wouldn't be too bad.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Kaminar on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 07:19 am:

An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth and you end up with a blind toothless population. The better solution is to reform the spammers, putting their talents to good rather than bad. Perhaps they could all become IT guys, helping people fix their computers. But that's no fun. String them up by the balls.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 07:39 am:

release their information so identity thieves can get it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 08:07 am:

Just blocking them from posting again and deleting their crap quickly would be great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 08:09 am:

Force them to read spam all day that doesn't interest them and eat spam 3 times a day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 08:18 am:

Gilligan's island is not to bad a program Hal.
I say instead , Barney the Dinosaur 24-7.
Neil has the right idea, at least the population couldn't reproduce so quickly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 08:26 am:

I was in a small town Walmart in Kansas yesterday

I saw an endcap featuring a new line of toys

Perhaps Skidmark could have discussion with them .....

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 08:26 am:

I Love Lucy would be pretty severe. I could watch maybe one and a half episodes before having a breakdown.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 08:36 am:

Steal their identity,then buy all the "T" parts that have been on your wish list for years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks NY on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 09:15 am:

The hatred and negativity surrounding this topic never ceases to astound me...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 09:16 am:

Neil strikes me as the perfect blend of a gentle idealist and a down-to-earth practical guy. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 09:53 am:

Well if they send spam, force them to eat Spam !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 10:20 am:

Spamming the spammers is no better then what the spammers do in the first place. Ignore, remove and block is the best course of action with the current sign up system in place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 11:09 am:

First of all, I actually like Spam (the ham product).

Second, I think G.R.Cheshire's idea is the best....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 11:24 am:

Well Tim,spammers are kinda like moskeeters, no body likes them.
Spammers don't seem to have any natural enemy's to help control their population. More and more everyday.
Spammers are kinda like that special bird sauce you get in your homemade ice cream on a hot summer day just after you spooned out a bowel and went to sit back and eat it. UN welcome.

Freighter Jim, Are you sure you were in Kansas? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 11:27 am:

Yes ....

Even though I was really tired from driving a lot - I had to get a couple images of that endcap - I have no clue what Walmart Executives were thinking when they approved this .....

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 11:29 am:

Well, I kinda got clued in that Walmart was going to crap when I went last week to the local 1 to get some 20-50 oil and they didn't carry it anymore except in store brand. Neither do they have 30 weight,except in store brand. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gordon A. Clayton Sr. on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 12:14 pm:

During WW II we ate a lot of spam.
Not bad baked w/cloves and brown sugar

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 01:10 pm:

FJ, is your post some kind of week late April fools joke?
If not we all should boycott Walmart.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 01:15 pm:

no joke Tommy:check out their web site!
https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=poopeez%20toys&cat_id=0&typeahead=poopeez

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 01:22 pm:

I hope it was not the underwear isle! I know holey jeans and stained pants and hats are in style. Shoot, Im in style and didnt even know it. I hope they dont have scratch and sniff!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 02:15 pm:

Yea,I gota gold mine in my closet!
Holey pants with TT rear axle oil stains! Should sell like hotcakes!

I know last summer Walmart had pool floats that were Terry the Turd or is it Teddy?
Also small plushy toys. BUT I must admit, a city of Concord water and sewer truck has the Teddy Turd doll on the dash of the truck.Makes the kids laugh that see it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 02:19 pm:

Making them change a set of bands in a Centerdoor would be a fitting punishment as far as I'm concerned.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 02:27 pm:

Richard thats just mean!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 03:18 pm:

Yeah Richard....I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Pulling the hogshead on my Touring just about made me insane. I can't even imagine trying it on a center door.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 07:22 pm:

Some days it seems I am right there in the bowl waiting for a flush .....

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cameron Whitaker, Oklahoma City on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 07:48 pm:

Make them drive a T with Babbitt thrust washers in heavy traffic :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 09:12 am:

Just don't send the guys to walk the plank that are making passports until I get mine in the mail ok? I ask them to put a Siberia stamp and a Antarctica stamp on mine,cost 10 bucks extra!

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 05:11 pm:

Remember the "pet rock" fad in the 70s? People actually bought rocks and now they are buying plastic...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Kaminar on Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 05:31 pm:

Pet rocks are collector's items. I can sell you mine for $200.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, April 20, 2018 - 10:31 pm:

I aint believing this s--- uh,stuff. Someone trying to sell fake money! And will send their agent directly to YOUR HOME for your convenience.
It says the money will pass thru all the test.
HUM, 5000 dollars for 500 bucks. Let's see,what does a good used 48 Tucker cost? :-) I will buy me some money and go gets me 1!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, April 20, 2018 - 10:34 pm:

Make 'em do a transmission band change.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dodd on Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 10:56 pm:

Do they accept money in kind? (fake that is)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration