Barn Pull

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Barn Pull
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 10:18 am:

This probably qualifies for today's standard of a barn find except this was never lost. My grandfather moved if from barn to barn ( 50s to 90s) until my father retired and then he moved if from barn to barn (90s to 2018). My father and his friends used to drive this all over Hart County GA just as you see it, no seat, no body. They sat on the gas tank and let the mud fly. It had less rust back then and 4 wire wheels that matched.

For the last 50 years I've been told it was a 1916 but after getting it home and using a rotary wire brush I was able to confirm it's a 1927. The last digit was so deep in rust it couldn't bee seen.

I was looking for a long term project and I do believe I have finally found it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 10:18 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 10:19 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 10:20 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 10:21 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 10:26 am:

26 engine in 25 or under running gear?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 10:56 am:

That's a 1925 passenger car & '25 to '27 TT firewall also !

Is that an 11 or a 14 million engine number ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 10:57 am:

Oh - I also like the jib for the tractor !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 11:16 am:

Yep,fun is to be had.I bet it was a bear to steer with those wide tires on the front.Is the engine stuck?

The tractor boom is apparently a 3 point hitch boom on a attachment in place of the front bucket. I will be looking at that picture more closely as I like the idea.
Looks like other project cars in that barn. Is that green thing a Datsun 210? You could probably sell that and pay for most of the restoration.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 11:17 am:

14 million

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 11:25 am:

The serial number on the engine comes out to

14841028 for years we thought it was 1484102 couldn't see the 8 on the end.

The boom so a 3 point hitch design of my father's he built that himself. He has written up an article for a Farm Show publication but it hasn't been published yet.

There are 2 Datsun B210s in the barn. One with 200k miles my brother, sister, and I all drove in high school and colleges; the other one in the background was spare parts for the first.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 12:18 pm:

The rear axle looks like 1921-1925. Have you looked for the frame number?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 12:33 pm:

Haven't looked for the frame number yet. In a few days I'll pressure wash the clay off and see if anything turns up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 12:58 pm:

I hope you find a real T body or build a truck cab for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 01:30 pm:

It's a pre-'26 frame - no number - no "double" outboard r.b. holes in the r.b. support brackets.

Engine most likely replaced some time in the past.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 03:25 pm:

The engine number records show that engine made on 29 March 1927.

That is clearly a late engine, that was made only about two months before production ceased, as verified by the two transmission bolts to the block.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 03:39 pm:

It's neat that you physically own something that was part of your family like that.

I think I'd get it going and maybe make a seat for it and call it good...just to keep it somewhat like it was back in the your dad's youth.

I have an unused express seat frame if you're interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 08:21 pm:

It is very cool because it was in the family. My dad's dad had a Model A he drove and parked on their farm in south florida and my dad's grandfather had a 25 T coupe he drove until he passed in the early 60sand it too was parked and sold later for junk. So heck yeah it's cool.My dad likes my old cars because I do but doesn't care about anything old and he is 77. He will always make time to tAlk about them with me though and that's good enough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Monday, April 09, 2018 - 12:58 am:

Mmmmm, reminds me of my old sweet boy 24 with those big tires.
Yeah, the steering can be a bit heavy like that. I got used to it. I like it!
How the heck? A late TT firewall? Like Larry reminds us to do our research, I did a little and... Didn't get it.
Not just the coil box holes.? Clues? I'm clueless again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Monday, April 09, 2018 - 09:44 am:

How many barns does your family have?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration