Can I Start the Model T on Magneto?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Can I Start the Model T on Magneto?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By SID KHONA on Monday, April 09, 2018 - 08:48 am:

Dear All,

All through I have tried starting the T on "BAT" but is it ok if I start it on "MAG"...I tried starting 2-3 times after completely retarding the spark level but somehow it does not. Am I missing anything?

Cheers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Humble Northern Michigan on Monday, April 09, 2018 - 08:50 am:

To start on mag the spark needs to be set at 4-6 notches

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Monday, April 09, 2018 - 09:11 am:

Sid, As Jeff said you need to advance the ignition timing a few notches. But first of all you magneto must be in good condition and the coils set right.

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Monday, April 09, 2018 - 09:33 am:

Sid: how are your coils? After replacing the caps and a friend setting them up on his HCCT my '23 Touring started, stone cold, on mag for the first time. Hand cranked.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration