OT - I went to Canada to see a Model K........ :-)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT - I went to Canada to see a Model K........ :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, April 09, 2018 - 11:35 pm:

Good friend Bruce accompanied me to Canada to help with our Model K refresh over the last couple of days. Bruce has helped bring two Model K Holley Huff magnetos back to life, and he helped Peter and the guys get the mag mounted and switches arranged. The Model K magneto was the worlds first Capacitive Discharge Ignition, and presents problems for modern magneto rebuilders.

The Model K is coming along nicely, and we hope to make the BBC HCCA tour in mid-May.

Peter Fawcett working on McCord oiler:

Placing the overdrive switch:

Working on the coilbox:

Polished intake manifold:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 12:11 am:

Looking better and better Rob. I especially like how the red color stands out. Remember to keep your hands off the steering column. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 02:07 am:

You are getting closer!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 06:40 am:

Boy, that car sure looks nice in Maxwell Red!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 07:46 am:

That black stripe on the edge really dresses it up! Looking great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 12:10 pm:

Thanks guys....

Maxwell red...... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 12:14 pm:

wow...that is one sexy beast.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 12:47 pm:

Don,

Stop, you'll make Rob blush. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks NY on Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 12:59 pm:

You just had to go and polish the intake manifold...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 02:46 pm:

If the inside of that intake was as smooth as the outside you might gain another hp or two? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 03:00 pm:

I like that "Maxwell red" also! It looks a whole lot nicer than the weak maroon we have on our Fordor & I wish I had your color on our car too.
Oh well....

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 07:50 pm:

I love it!, My Maxwell is suppose to be blue but I can only find RED, not one speck of blue anywhere. I'm just thinking RED :^)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 05:28 pm:

Getting closer and closer. Today's pics.

Left side engine view with the oiler on:

Right side:

Dust pan:

Fan ready to paint:

Rear fenders with first coat of paint:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 05:50 pm:

Rob, it's Nice!!! Put these pictures together with some narrative and descriptions and you'll have a really good magazine article.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 07:17 pm:

For the Gazette!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 07:36 pm:

Oh, so VERY nice!
Thank you Rob for sharing these. I needed to see something nice today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 11:11 pm:

Thank you guys. This runabout was purchased by a family in August or September of 1907, and has been documented since. I'm tremendously happy to bring it back to it's original glory. It would make a good article, and I look into that idea in the future.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration