A Few Good Pictures of a Surviving Martin Parry on eBad

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: A Few Good Pictures of a Surviving Martin Parry on eBad
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 02:35 am:

Just for look-see reference. Car chassis '24 with some nice detail shots.
Maybe one of our better computer people can copy and paste the pictures for future reference? There are quite a few pictures, many with details that should be helpful to anyone trying to properly restore a Martin Parry type truck.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1924-Ford-Model-T/152977786375?hash=item239e2fc607:g:Ux gAAOSw029azAaG&vxp=mtr

I have no known connections to the seller or vehicle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt the Headlight Lens Guy n California on Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 02:41 am:

I love survivors like this!

I love the caution decal!

Thanks for sharing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 03:56 am:

What a great looking vehicle.
Thanks for catching it Wayne.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 04:23 am:

You're welcome!
Guess I am not the only one around here that stays up crazy late at night?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 07:06 am:

I know this owner and can't believe he's selling this jewel! Whoever gets this truck will have a fantastic original vehicle that will be a show stopper. I wish I had extra room in my garage!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 07:36 am:

That truck is on the MP web sight. I have talked with him and got alot of info and photos for reference on my MP build. He is a brass guy and it doesnt fit with his collection the way I understand it. I just hope who ever buys it keeps it in that condition. He contacted me a couple months ago and asked if I was interested but I have no place to keep it right now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 07:56 am:

WOW! If I had my garage finished I'd be all over that like white on rice. The only thing that would change on that truck is the driver!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 08:08 am:

That is just stunning. I'd be all over that if I had the extra space and cash.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 08:16 am:

Agree with the others, preserve it as is. Awesome

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 08:23 am:

Did he buy that from Don Lang? Don had a similar untouched survivor for sale about 2-3 years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Humble Northern Michigan on Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 09:23 am:

Nice write up with great pictures of this t in the model t times jan-feb 2018. Brilliant marketing plan, get the cover and in-depth article then list it for sale. I love that truck too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 04:00 pm:

Dallas, I'm getting the carport closed in Monday, you can store it here as long as you like. :-):-):-) Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 04:16 pm:

Well, I can assure everyone that it wasn't my marketing plan, as I don't really sign up to things that are akin' to insider trading. Truth is, I wrote and sent the MTFCI article to Natalie 18 months before it actually got published. She had plenty of material to work with so I told her to publish it when she needed to fill space. You will also notice my reserve has already been met, and the reserve is LOW. It's low, because Don Lang sold it to me very reasonable. I had no idea how it would sell, so essentially, I set my reserve at the price I paid plus shipping, plus the mechanical parts I've put into it since I got it. I thought that was fair.

Dallas is right, I am a brass car guy. I have a 1911 Maxwell, a 13 T Touring and a 15 T touring. Right now, I'm working on adding a pre-1908 car to the collection. I bought the M&P a few years ago, because... well... look at it!! It's a JEWEL! But, as things are, I found a car I want so the Martin Parry is going to go toward funding the new purchase and I'll hand it off to someone whose collection is a better fit.

I have a slew of photographs and am always happy to share them with folks who are interested or who has a project in the works and need some historical validation. I share everyone's concern and hope that whoever gets this will preserve it as the wonderful original that it is. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 04:30 pm:

James, we are only care takers of these cars. Good luck with your project and thank you for the help on my project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 04:34 pm:

Okay. So I do have a connection with the seller. Even if it is only this wonderful forum! Now you know why I sometimes say "no KNOWN connections---". I often do wish I could know who the sellers are on eBad. It is amazing how often I do know them. Sometimes personally, sometimes casually through national clubs.

James J L 3, Good luck with the sale, and the new acquisition? You may have to tell us about it when it is time to do so?
That is an incredible survivor, especially for a commercial vehicle. Most wooden bodied trucks (large or small) got worked to death in a very few years and relatively few survive in anywhere near that kind of condition.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 05:15 pm:

Wish I had the money and the place to put it. I love it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 05:30 pm:

Since I can only enjoy it in pictures, thanks for taking such nice ones. It is such a treat to see it.
Rich

(Message edited by rich eagle on April 12, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 09:02 pm:

Thanks guys. And Wayne, if I manage to make the purchase, I'll post it on here and tell you all about it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc Roberts, York, Pennsylvania on Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 10:05 pm:

James: Please let us know where it's going when you are at liberty to say.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 10:11 pm:

Appears bidding has ended at what i would think is a fair price for something of that sort.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 06:24 pm:

Guys.. I'll let you know when I can. I will say that it is staying reasonably local and going to a place that is fitting of such a time-capsule. It will be preserved as the great original that it is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 09:19 pm:

Nice to hear!
Thank you for the update.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration