Help 1912 Commutator Wire Harness Route

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Help 1912 Commutator Wire Harness Route
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Williams, Humboldt TN on Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 09:08 am:

Does anyone have a picture of how the 1912 commutator wire harness is routed across the firewall and down the chassis? Also where the clips are installed. I can't find a picture anywhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Williams, Humboldt TN on Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 04:15 pm:

If not a picture, can someone tell me where the commutator wire goes. Do the wires that go to the coil box follow under the hood former or between the hood former and the coil box terminals or between the two rows of coil box terminals. This is a 1912. Where do the clips that hold the wire harness to the wood firewall go. And also the harness to the chassis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 05:45 pm:

It is surprising good pictures are hard to find. This thread about horns shows a little but not that much. 1915 but should be similar.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/708207.html?1483212466

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 05:55 pm:

1912 Sept Parts List has #4363 Wire Support (on dash) that is a metal clip, Part Book size: 3/64"x7/16"x1" to hold the harness on the face of the dash.

This 1912 has the metal clip under one of the dash bolts.

There are metal clips #4359 Commutator Wire Support, 1/32"x5/8"x2 5/32" under the wood hood shelves, held by the hood shelf bolts, that hold the commutator wire harness.

That cotton asphalt covered harness loom used a rubber boot at the upper end for the wires to the coil box, to keep out water.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Williams, Humboldt TN on Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 07:51 pm:

Thank you Richard and Dan that helps. Anyone else have a picture of the firewall and coil box terminal area?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Mino, near Porterville on Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 08:40 pm:

I am not sure if this will help, but this late 1911 car has a clip for the wiring tucked under the hood former. The wiring was replaced at some time and since removal and installation of the clip would require removing the hood former it was (apparently) re-routed.

Car is pictured in my profile.

Not sure if this detail carried over into 1912. I've not been able to find an image of part 4363; this may be that clip.

wiring clip on firewall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Williams, Humboldt TN on Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 11:43 pm:

Thanks Phil, This is like a big puzzle. One piece at a time.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration