Old Photo - Model T Art

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo - Model T Art
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, April 13, 2018 - 10:36 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Friday, April 13, 2018 - 10:42 pm:

That art work doesn't look all that old to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Friday, April 13, 2018 - 10:57 pm:

Nice picture!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 01:40 am:

Great work and very accurate. 1909 car.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 04:41 am:

I love it. Beautiful scene and reminds me that Model Ts, to my eyes, are pretty cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Kaminar on Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 05:50 am:

Very nice picture. Very romantic and idealistic. It looks like a modern painting to me.

Two things are missing: ants and dogs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 02:44 pm:

Neil,

They have the aunts and dogs...That is aunt Betty with the parasol in the background and dad has the hot dogs in the basket for grilling :-)

Richard, I don't know if that car is correct, He may have not done the interior upholstery correct on the doors! :-):-):-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 04:54 pm:

Neil you're right. I can't believe there is no dog.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 06:01 pm:

Denny, correct or not I'll bet he is glad they are done. &o)
The Artist achieved a nice affect on the Non-Skid tires.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 07:31 pm:

The windmill blades would hit me in the head.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 09:17 pm:

Denny your right the car is not correct, it should be chitty chitty bang bang

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 12:25 am:

I'm appalled you fellas didn't lip off about the glass milk pitcher from the basket. That woman is absolutely ingenious!...
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 01:32 am:

Duey,
Fresh milk form the cow that's behind the wind mill tied up to the banana tree!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 12:05 pm:

I would like to have a copy of that picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 12:28 pm:

Gil has it right, this has all the earmarks of a "yeoman" illustration from the mid-50s - early 60s. It's signed by "Allison" but I can find nothing on an illustrator by that name.

Not great art, and there are some things to pick at technically, though not with the car. It's a very nice piece all said and done, and the sort of thing us Model T guys can relate to and enjoy.

One thing about it has me looking at "non-skid" tires from a different angle - first glance, this painting gave me the impression the tires were diamond tread - I never noticed the similarities before.

At some point, since the age of illustration is dead and gone now these 50 years hence, items like this will have more importance in the historical time-line of the Model T.

The only artist of note currently doing justice to Model T subjects is Richard Eagle - and we can be glad he's still producing!! If others know of current good work, it would be nice to see some posted here. There's a Guild of Automotive Artists currently active, but Model T subjects don't often figure in the work they display.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 12:33 pm:

Uk - correction - the outfit I was thinking of is "AFAS" the Automotive Fine Art Society. Worth a look.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter McIntyre on Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 01:29 pm:

Well itís for sale on eBay. Described as a photo comes up under model t picnic

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration