I think this was a tractor conversion rear axle?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: I think this was a tractor conversion rear axle?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, April 13, 2018 - 11:04 pm:

What is you all's input on this narrowed rear axle?
Tractor conversion? There was a Shaw or something i think that used a narrowed axle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICHARD GRZEGOROWICZ on Friday, April 13, 2018 - 11:37 pm:

MACK, I know where the rest of those parts are here in Vermont.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 03:22 pm:

so you are saying this is a tractor conversion?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 07:26 pm:

Almost certainly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 07:38 pm:

I think it is. :-)
Hmmm, maybe a second transmission too? Splined pinion and yoke too far away from the globe, for an output on a different engine or another transmission?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 10:12 pm:

The story on this is I found it at a scrap yard back in about 2000. I sold it to the guy that helped me get into model T's for the 20 bucks I paid for it at the scrap yard.He has a Pull Ford conversion and I had been looking at I think Shaw at the time.
I saw this rear end with gears and bought it thinking at the time it was for a Shaw.But once he got it it was laid up and forgot about. I took his Gibson tractor back to him and I ask about this and he helped me load it on the trailer and said take it.He was tickled to have his little tractor running.
I thought I would store it and if a need came up or a use for it at least it would not get scrapped.I am afraid in his health the stuff he has gathered might get hauled off when he pass's and some is real junk but some stuff,like this,has potential.He said he thinks the drive shaft was probably hooked up to a Chevy transmission judging by the splined shaft? I don't know.

(Message edited by tdump on April 14, 2018)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration