Car show today

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Car show today
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 04:59 am:

If I can finish the front seat back installation this morning the wife and I will be taking our T Touring to a local show today. A friend will be taking his T truck as well. The show is at a local high school and proceeds go to help the school band. The forecast is for temps in the low 80s so it should be a nice day for it. This will be the first show we have participated in with the T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / Lakeland Mn. on Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 07:44 am:

Post a picture of the Tís from the show please!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 08:44 am:

Jeff, good communication requires good grammar. One important distinction is between singular and plural nouns. You used a singular where a plural is definitely called for. You meant, "Post pictures of the T's from the show please!" :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / Lakeland Mn. on Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 09:32 am:

Thank you Professor Lodge! I would like to see ďpicturesĒ also! Blizzard this weekend in Minnesota, I cannot attend our Model T meeting today so some pictures of Tís at a car show would be great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 11:57 am:

Maybe he just wanted one picture. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 12:08 pm:

Really, Dave? I assumed he was a model T guy. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / Lakeland Mn. on Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 12:44 pm:

Yes, I have an addiction to the affliction!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 05:19 pm:

There was (or were?), hope the grammar nazis don't get me, only three Ts at today's show. There was a nice '18 Touring, my buddy's truck, and our '21 Touring with my bicycle on the running board. Temps were in the 80s. Good times.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 05:26 pm:

Are you on the left .. with the 20th century style hands over the nuts pose? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 10:34 pm:

Yep, I'm the fat boy on the left. Actually I'm holding my cane with both hands.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 06:12 pm:

That's a mighty big spare tire on the running board! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 09:02 pm:

Eric, the last time he mounted it on the car, he kept going in circles.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 09:41 pm:

I have a GPS app on my phone and watched it on the way to the show yesterday. On a long downhill I got up to 39 MPH. That's probably the fastest I have driven it and I'm not sure that I want to go any faster. That same hill on the way home dropped me down to 20 MPH before I reached the top. I think I still need to learn more about adjusting the timing while driving to assure the engine runs as cool as possible. I cannot feel much difference in the running of the engine over most of the range of adjustment but I suspect that I could do better than I have.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Monday, April 16, 2018 - 09:33 am:

Tommy, I am glad you have started your T season! We are mostly snowed in here in Grayling Michigan. It has been a four-day snow and ice storm. I'm itching for some T driving. The Gilmore Museum show isn't soon enough for me :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Monday, April 16, 2018 - 05:43 pm:

Looking good Tommy! Like the bicycle too! Do folks say Penny-Farthing anymore?
In a month or so I can get the motor grader out on the driveway.
That's so a model T doesn't buck me off when driving that winter-bumpy road.
A late foot of snow slowed things around here. Ed, our "storm" here was prob'ly a cake walk compared to your Michigan storm. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / Lakeland Mn. on Monday, April 16, 2018 - 08:39 pm:

Thanks for posting TC!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Frost on Monday, April 16, 2018 - 08:56 pm:

Tommy, more info on the bicycle please.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration