OT OT OT this day in 1912

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT OT OT this day in 1912
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 09:42 pm:

What happened on April 15, 1912? No I was not born then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 10:11 pm:

I have a sinking feeling it was important.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 10:22 pm:

Federal income tax

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 10:25 pm:

The Titanic sunk.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 10:30 pm:

Hmm, 1912? You talking about the Titanic sinking? That happened in 1912 on April 15th I believe, at about 2 in the morning or something like that. Sunk something like 400 miles off of Newfoundland Canada...can't remember where exactly, but that's the only thing I can remember happening on April 15th (I think) in 1912.

The story goes that it was the last crossing my great grandfather on my mothers side made...his name was John Smith, he worked for White Star...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 10:50 pm:

It was exactly 35 years to the day- April 15, 1947- before Jackie Robinson played his first major league game for the Dodgers?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 10:55 pm:

I had no kin on the Titanic that I know of, but I did have an ancestor that came over on the Mayflower.
There was a book, which I have a copy of, entitled "The Wreck of the Titan" that was published 14 years before the Titanic sank. The novel is the story of a large ship that hit an iceberg in the Atlantic Ocean and sank. The story is eerily similar to the Titanic's situation.
I love history, starting in Genesis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 10:59 pm:

We saw pieces of the Titanic at the Mariners' Museum around Norfolk, VA some years ago. Don't know if it's all still there

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 11:54 pm:

Tommy; Was just reading about that book yesterday but didn't pay attention to the dates.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 11:56 pm:

My wife's family was here in 1630 or sooner. They cannot determine exactly what year they arrived. The family joke is that they were suppose to be on the Mayflower, but missed the boat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Monday, April 16, 2018 - 01:11 am:

President Lincoln died on April 15 also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 12:15 am:

The titanic sank on April 15, 1912.
It was over a thousand miles from New York.
I was not on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 01:04 am:

The Boston Marathon bombing was on April 15 too.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration