A common part that's hard to find

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: A common part that's hard to find
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, April 16, 2018 - 01:33 pm:

Almost every Model T from the early teens onward has both these parts. You see them all the time. But looking them up in the parts book is another story. The fuel line pack nut (#2910) is easy. It's listed with the other fuel system parts, right where you'd expect to find it. But the carburetor inlet elbow is another story. If you don't already know the part number (#6154) you're in for a tough go. The book lists it as a Kingston L-4 carburetor part! It's not shown with any other carburetor, even though most of them used it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Monday, April 16, 2018 - 05:10 pm:

#6055 in Canadian parts book, but you are right seems to be only listed with the L-4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Monday, April 16, 2018 - 11:23 pm:

There are different variations of those and I've got a steel elbow somewhere. Here is a steel nut.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 12:29 am:

Yes, I've found one steel elbow and one steel nut so far.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 10:21 am:

They aren't hard to find! All you need to do is look! The early version of the nut is brass. As far as I know, all the elbows were brass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 11:14 am:

Those elbows are pictured in most all the Parts Books. The p/n is 6055.

Steve, the p/n 6154 is listed too, for the Kingston L-4, but in the Spec column says to "Order 6055".

My guess is Kingston had its own version, as 1919 Parts Book says 'Parts for '09-'16 carbs supplied by Bryne Kingston Co., Kokomo, Ind."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 04:06 am:

Impossible to get in my country.

Actually, any brass fitting seems to be impossible to get. They're all plastic crap if you can find one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 01:33 pm:

Dan, I don't see #6055 in the 8-5-28 parts list which is currently reproduced and everybody has. There's no reference to it on Page Thirty-one where it is shown as #6154. But yes, it is shown as #6055 in many of the earlier books. Thanks for the tip on where to look.

Larry, yes, they're quite common. That's why I said so in my post. I have a bag of them in my drawer of #6000 & > small parts. Where they're hard to find is in the currently reproduced parts book. As Corey said, some are steel (or cast iron?). This one that I recently found on an NH holds a magnet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 01:37 pm:

FYI The connection thread is 1/2 x 18. The tapered thread is 1/8 NPT.

The ones with the fine thread is more than likely 7/16 x 24 which is the standard brass fitting thread. They are not standard/stock Ford.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration