Switch disassembly???????????

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Switch disassembly???????????
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom VanMeeteren Valley, Nebraska on Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 12:56 pm:

How do I take the guts out of a truck switch? I can't get a picture to load(*&^%$#@!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 01:04 pm:

Some styles have the 4 bent over tabs, others have pins in the fiber back plate of the switch that fit in slots in the side of the switch housing. The tabs you need to pry up, just enough to get things apart, because they can break off, the pins, you need to twist the back plate then pull it out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 10:21 pm:

If it has pins,push the guts inward slightly to get the pins out of a small notch then turn.
If tabs, be careful as they will break.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 10:59 pm:

Truck switch? It's the same as a car switch. The T and the TT have the same one. As the guys said, it has tabs or pins. If tabs, turn them red and let them cool before you reassemble and bend them back over the back plate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom VanMeeteren Valley, Nebraska on Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 11:13 am:

I was past the tab part, just needed to know how to remove the innards. Finally figured that out and removed the two rivets. Bead blasted everything and it's now ready for paint.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 11:48 am:

I prefer the pin type switch backs, but that is just me. I like everything correct, so I take the semi-tubular rivets and turn the heads down to the same configuration as the originals. While apart I repaint the unit, and hand letter the information on the switch assembly with white paint, which takes me about a week.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration