New to MTFCA

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: New to MTFCA
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Dombach on Thursday, April 19, 2018 - 12:47 pm:

Greetings everyone. My name is Scott and I'm a new Model T owner and new to the forum. After 30 years, I was able to track down my late grandfathers 1924 Model T and get it back into the family. I live in Quarryville, Pa....are there any Model T enthusiast close by to connect with??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Thursday, April 19, 2018 - 12:57 pm:

Welcome Scott! Great that you go the family T back!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, April 19, 2018 - 01:39 pm:

Scott - You just "connected" with several thousand Model T folks! Welcome to the forum, and to the hobby! I guess I'm just about as far from Pennsylvania as possible here in "the lower '48", but even so, I can assure you that there are Model T people all around you, and with very little effort, you'll find them, and/or, they'll find you. And if nothing else, that beautiful coupe of your will find 'em! (.....just looked at your profile picture of your Model T,....what a beauty!) .....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, April 19, 2018 - 01:41 pm:

Those Coupe are great cars. It is nice it came back into the family.
Good to hear from you.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Heavner on Thursday, April 19, 2018 - 01:44 pm:

Welcome Scott to the T family. Anything you want to know about Ts is here. These are a great bunch of guys. They will help you with anything. Your coupe looks good. I had a chance to buy a '24 coupe one time, but it didn't work out. I do like my runabout however. It is great to be able to keep a T in the family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Nunn on Thursday, April 19, 2018 - 01:54 pm:

Scott, I too am a new owner of a Model T, a '26 Runabout that I acquired in February. The car has been in my family for decades and it was important to keep it in the family. I put my name on the waiting list of family members in 2013. When the time was right, I prevailed. I've already made it clear who the car will go to upon my passing. Of course, it's young family member. He'll need to wait, hopefully, for decades until that time comes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, April 19, 2018 - 02:03 pm:

Scott, this is from the MTFCA website:

http://www.mtfca.com/clubpages/chapters.htm#pa

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Dombach on Thursday, April 19, 2018 - 02:11 pm:

Thanks fellows....we are super excited to have it back in the family. Got to have it out a few times and I'm learning the quirks about it as I go. My living aunt, uncles didn't know I got it and we surprised them with it at christmas. Was a fantastic time. I made a video documentary about the journey/pursuit to retrieve it....if anyone would like to see it you can probably search it on YouTube under "Martin". It's long but it tells the story about the family history of the car. Thanks again, hoping to connect with some T folks in the future....wherever they may be!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, April 19, 2018 - 02:42 pm:

Welcome Scott !

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Royster on Thursday, April 19, 2018 - 04:51 pm:

Welcome Scott, there is a great wealth of knowledge on this forum. If asked these folks will help with any T problem there is!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Thursday, April 19, 2018 - 05:58 pm:

Scott, I feel terribly sorry for you! You've just contracted a disease for which there is no known cure!

Seriously, congrats, and this is the place to be for T comradery.

Hey! I just made a rhyme!!!

Maybe it should be our motto or something, "This is the place to be for T comradery." Yeah, that's it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Thursday, April 19, 2018 - 06:33 pm:

Yeah; welcome to the discussion Forum Scott. Youíve not only got a beautiful coupe, youíve got a priceless family heirloom that youíll have tons of fun and good memories with...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, April 19, 2018 - 06:45 pm:

Jerry. It is Great Scott ó Dombach is Here!

Welcome Scott. Youíll find a ton of help and a smidgen of opinion here.
Just remember Model Tís are for having fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Frost on Thursday, April 19, 2018 - 07:35 pm:

Just finished watching the "Martin" video. Well done. To see your family enjoying Grandpa's car again is beautiful. Congrats on your search.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Thursday, April 19, 2018 - 07:45 pm:

Scott. I'm about two hours east of you, near Atlantic City. I bought my 26 Touring from a fellow in your town back in 2010. If you ever find yourself heading over to Ocean City, NJ, your gonna go right pat my house. Look me up. You're very close to an excellent Model T mechanic. Ora Landis, at Schwalms Babbited Bearings is just over the hill from you in Strasbourg, Pa right near the train museum. The Delaware club is pretty active and do local tours every fall. Welcome to the addiction!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, April 19, 2018 - 08:56 pm:

Welcome. Your car is beautiful. If it runs as good as it looks, you have a good T. If not, almost all the parts to make it run well are available and it can be made to run as well as it did when it came out of the factory.

I hope you find a local club. I have no idea where anything in Pa is except for Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Hershey. But I'm sure that you will find some members in your area.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Thursday, April 19, 2018 - 09:39 pm:

Welcome to the show Scott.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration