Old Photograph- T converted to Tractor with disc & Harrow

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photograph- T converted to Tractor with disc & Harrow
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Friday, April 20, 2018 - 08:39 am:

A T pressed into tilling service in Canada. The Dominion had been fighting in Europe since 1914 and many young farmhands (and their horses) were overseas and in service to the King and Country. This was one answer to this shortage of home-front labour- Take your automobile and convert it into a light-duty mechanical tractor that anyone could drive and most could afford.

A stop-gap measure (although many were never converted back!) until that rumoured Ford light weight tractor is built...

Photograph (and Ontario license plate) are dated 1917

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, April 20, 2018 - 09:16 am:

Dale, thats a great photo. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, April 20, 2018 - 10:57 am:

The farmer is new to the concept ! He'll find out pretty quick he should have the top down or the rear curtain rolled up so he can watch the hitch on his implements. I hope the chain pulling the harrows isn't rubbing on a disc !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 12:15 am:

The "C" On the licence plate means it is plated for commercial use. Just like the set of plates I have on my car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 09:05 am:

What he really needs is a swinging drawbar before he turns to short and the spade lugs grab the disc toung!!!!!!! That can wreck a good pair of shorts!! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 09:35 am:

I thought of that too Bud, the wide turning radius of the T maybe prevented that ?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration