Bolt size for rear end halves

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Bolt size for rear end halves
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Frost on Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 04:44 am:

Have a rear end that is split without bolts. Driveshaft and tube is missing. Other than that axles and innards seem intact. Plan is to use the assembly to move build around while redoing the rear end that I plan on rebuilding. Need a few bolts to attach rear end halves together. Size? Thanks, Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 08:46 am:

5/16 X 1-1/4 NF

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 12:39 pm:

Dave Frost: ;I always use ALL METAL SELF LOCKING NUTS on the these bolts. The regular nuts can sometimes work loose and spread rear end oil all over the place, including your shop.

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Frost on Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 07:15 pm:

Thanks, Just need to temporally hold rear end together for a way to move chassis around in the barn (make room lol)When I asked the question, I was 70 miles away from my project. When I went down there today, figured it out and luckily had bolts to get it back together. Now I need to find a set of small drum perches to make the plan work. If anyone has a set for sale, LMK. Even a worn out set would work for this as long as the threads are decent. Thanks, Dave

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration