Step plates early Ford?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Step plates early Ford?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 01:44 pm:

Many years ago Dad pulled a chassis out of a river,he said it was an R,S,or N He sold parts off it for years I believe these step plates to be from that chassis Am I right or wrong Thanks Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 02:07 pm:

Only Model N out of the three had a step plate and I think it looks like this: (part number N325)

loi

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 04:53 pm:

Thanks Roger I scrap them and carry on Thanks Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 05:05 pm:

Colin,

I would recommend that you not scrap them. One, they may fit another car or even a carriage? Second, they might work well on a speedster.

I would suggest you list them in the classified area. You could offer them for free if picked up or for shipping etc. Or you could even say best offer by May 5 or so.

Just a thought. In the 1950s at one of the air races a P-51 Mustang engine quit and the pilot made a dead stick landing. Pilot was fine, the aircraft was banged up. They used a cutting torch to remove the wings. Trucked off the parts. Salvaged the engine and a few other parts and sold the rest as scrap aluminum. Less than 30 years later, they were restoring P-51s that were in worse shape than that one was.

Respectfully suggested,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 07:10 pm:

Buggy step plates and they're bent - possibly from having been "re-purposed".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 09:56 pm:

If shipping weren't so high i would like to have those.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 10:07 pm:

Definitely save those! They would probably work better on my gasoline carriage than the pair I have for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Sunday, April 22, 2018 - 03:37 am:

I mended worse for my speedster.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration