What do Model T Museum VolunTeers do for fun on a Saturday morning?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: What do Model T Museum VolunTeers do for fun on a Saturday morning?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 08:19 pm:

Move 3 Fordson Tractors, 1 Touring Mak-a-Tractor, 1 Montgomery Wards Conversion Tractor, 1 Dump Truck, 1 Centerdoor, the Silver Streak, the 1903 Model A, 3 Depot Hacks, a cutaway chassis, and a Roadster ... did I forget anything?

Thanks to the efforts of these fine folks, the Agricultural Room is now a reality! In a short four months, a dedicated crew of people from the Henry's Hoosiers, Indy 500, and Southwest Ohio chapters, led by Jerry Kramer and Tony Wiltshire made this display come alive.

The Western Indiana chapter will be here next Saturday to continue work on the upcoming Machine Shop.

Thank you all. What a tremendous group of people.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 08:34 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By doug hauge upstate NY stittville 13469 on Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 10:50 pm:

what we do with out all you great folks! I think the next T tour forget the trouble trailer. just call all you to come push the T back home! sorry, thought it was funny. you have a lot of experience !. thanks for all you do!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 11:32 pm:

You guys are great!!! Can't wait to see the new arrangement...

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Sunday, April 22, 2018 - 10:19 am:

OK Susan..... what do they do on a Saturday Afternoon ...after all that fun ????????? LOL !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Sunday, April 22, 2018 - 12:16 pm:

Over the last several years this forum and the VF has recognized many of the donations and donors to the museum. We have received tools, artifacts and vehicles thanks to people that want to see history live on. We have tried to thank all the wonderful volunteers that have given their time and resources to help us grow. Sometimes we forget to mention those behind the scenes folks that help make these donations happen. Here are a couple of the latest examples:

We were given a KR Wilson combination machine by Bill Howell in Arkansas. Mike Walker picked it up there and took it to Chickasha where it found itís way onto Jeff Daronís (Jackís son) trailer. Jeff took it to Indianapolis where it was transferred to Tony Wilshireís trailer and finally ended up at the museum. A week later Jack Putnam came here to ascertain what was needed to put it in to working order. So, by the time it is used in a future babbit seminar, many hands will have been involved.

We have been given a very nice TT vegetable truck located in New Jersey that needs to be measured to insure it will fit in a trailer, and to help in its loading. Thanks to lifetime MTFCA member Bob Jablonski, another MTFCA member and Freighter Jim, this TT truck donation will happen.

Many of our donated items have stories just like these. So a big thank you behind the scenes folks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Sunday, April 22, 2018 - 12:55 pm:

By the way Bob, I think the afternoon was spent with their friends BenGay and Advil!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Sunday, April 22, 2018 - 01:39 pm:

Kids playing on a Saturday at their Club House .... :-)

You folks have to come up with a Secret Handshake ....

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Sunday, April 22, 2018 - 01:50 pm:

O W C H. !!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, April 22, 2018 - 05:08 pm:

Jerry, To recognize all those who helped move everything around on Saturday morning, could you please identify all those on the group picture?
Start with the guy on the left with the Buckeye sweat shirt and work to the right... I see you behind the guy with the somewhat dirty light gray zippered up sweatshirt & I know a few of the others, but it would be nice to put a name to the others also.

Thanks, Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Sunday, April 22, 2018 - 07:16 pm:

Keith,

Most of those folks are in The Federal Witness Protection Program - their true identities can never be revealed .....

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, April 22, 2018 - 07:57 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, April 22, 2018 - 09:06 pm:

Hi Jim, Ya, I know that, but I still think it's a nice idea.... :-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Monday, April 23, 2018 - 08:54 am:

Susan put a group picture with names on facebook, Iíll see if she can post it here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Monday, April 23, 2018 - 11:12 am:

Group photo above...

Thanks to all who helped during the Big Move to the Ag Room today.... L-R
Frank Goepferich, Jr., Dana Weigle, Mike Emmons, Dick Miller, Ron Hughes, Rod Smalley, Jerry Kramer, Brent Haworth, Benny Young, Dave Johnson, Cindy Haworth, David Johnson, Don Tincher, and Patty Young.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, April 23, 2018 - 12:47 pm:

Thank you Susan! :-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Monday, April 23, 2018 - 03:18 pm:

I know that some museums sell surplus items. I will be donating Ford items to various museums in a year of two. T items include a set up to pour bearings (KW), a run of Ford T Dealer news, original Ford publications of the Model T Years, etc. Should one get permission first and get an agreement that the items will not be sold soon?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, April 23, 2018 - 04:12 pm:

Darel, Call Susan Yaeger, the MTFCA Executive
Secretary at 765-373-3106 and talk it over with her.

BTW, I especially think the Ford T Dealer News and other Ford publications from the Model T years would be a wonderful addition for the Bruce McCalley Memorial Library. Also, the Model T bearing pouring items would be good for the Model T Garage.

Keith

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration